LoL threatens legal action over name
- Land of Leather expands by a third to 15 as it continues to eschew IFC. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/21/98, Issue 5102, p7
Reports on London, England-based upholstery retailer Land of Leather's plan to open four additional stores in August 1998 as it continues its policy of eschewing interest free credit. Locations of planned stores; Merchandise.
- Marketing a way through tough times for retailers. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2007, Issue 5558, p9
The author reflects on the importance of marketing to Land of Leather (LoL) and ScS Corp. in Great Britain. He mentions that marketing is often the first budget cut of the business when times are tough. However, he claims that marketing is a successful path to follow. He also explains that...
- Landmark fire. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p2
Reports on a fire that damaged Landmark's branch in Yeovil, England. Estimated cost of damage.
- Landmark. // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service at retail store Landmark.
- Landmark Old Edinburgh Road. // Cabinet Maker;05/05/2000, Issue 5186, p10
Observes the customer and sales services at Landmark in Old Edinburgh Road in London, England.
- Landmark prepares to retreat. // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p2
Informs on the plan of retail chain Landmark to sell its English stores and become a Scotland only chain.
- Landmark puts for sale sign on English stores. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p1
Reports that Great Britain-based Landmark has abandoned the retail furniture sector and has put all its English stores up for sale. Criticism of Landmark's departure from the furniture retail sector; Amount of goods removed from the Cardiff Kingsway store.
- Parkinson slams Landmark critics. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/13/98, Issue 5114, p4
Reports on Landmark Chief Executive Officer Malcolm Parkinson's challenge to critics of the furniture retail chain in Great Britain. Parkinson's comments on Landmark's finances; Expansion plans of the company; Acquisitions.
- Landmark to roll out new format after funding boost. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p2
Reports on Landmark's introduction of a store format after shareholders doubled their investments on the store. Conversion of 40 of the chain's 51 branches in Great Britain into the format; Remarks from Malcolm Parkinson, chief executive of the company.