Boomers rock the system
- The daydream generation. Carroll, Tim; Chen, Ingfei // Health (Time Inc. Health);Mar/Apr95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p18
Presents a pie chart depicting the age at which Baby Boomers want to retire.
- The Changing Face of Retirement. // Arthritis Today;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p51
Provides information on the percentage of baby boomers in the United States who believe they will continue to work either full- or part-time during retirement.
- Baby Boomar Snapshot. // Money Management;3/19/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p2
The article presents several statistics related to baby boomers in Australia and Great Britain, which include the percentage of baby boomers who are postponing their retirement, the portion who are contemplating more work to increase their income and the percentage who believe that the global...
- RETIREMENT--ADDITIONAL Resources. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Jun2006, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p29
The article relates the factors needed to be considered by human resource (HR) companies in the U.S. as the baby boom generation enters the retirement stage. The baby boom generation will start to reach the traditional retirement age of 65 in 2011. Human resource programs and strategies that...
- Are you ready for the new old workforce? Vernon, Steven G. // Employee Benefit News;4/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p50
Discusses issues regarding the workplace condition of baby boomers in the U.S. as of March 2005. Level of the financial preparedness of older employees for retirement; Strategy to be adopted by employers to retain efficient older workers; Comparison of demands of older and younger employees.
- Employers must prepare for when the baby boomers go marching . . . out. Ennico, Cliff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/11/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
Offers a contingency plan for companies in Salt Lake City, Utah in preparation for the retirement of baby boomers from the workforce. Illustrative example; Steps in the Boomer Transition Service strategy; Information on the Hyde Group Inc., a human resources firm based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
- A Looming Transition: How to Survive the Mass Exodus of Boomers from the Workplace. Houlihan, Anne // BusinessWest;6/9/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p10
The article offers tips on how will companies survive the mass retirement of Baby Boomers in the U.S. in 2011. During such time the country will experience the most dramatic economic and demographic changes in its history. For companies to survive the situation, they must begin planning and...
- Ready for retirement? Tiffany, Gordon // American City & County;Feb2006, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p28
This article focuses on the transition of Baby Boomers to full-time retirement made on their own terms. The majority of today's workers are redefining retirement, with many of them seeing it as a series of new challenges. As more members of the Boomer generation become eligible for retirement,...
- Survive the Baby Boomer Exodus. Houlihan, Anne // Official Board Markets;1/3/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p8
The article offers tips to help make the transition period for the baby boom generation in an organization in the U.S. It includes knowing the impact of mass retirement in the company in which getting connected with the human resource department can be a big help. Another one is developing a...