- Soothing soles. Serwer, Jesse // Shopping Centers Today;Mar2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p41
The article reports on the move of Walking Co., a comfort footwear retailer, to broaden its appeal by expanding its definition of comfort in the U.S. It states that Big Dog Holdings Inc. acquired Walking Co. in March 2004. The principals reworked Walking's store design, and set about to redefine...
- Even Big Dogs don't live forever. // Value Retail News;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the name change of Big Dog Holdings to The Walking Company (TWC) Holdings in May 2008 to reflect the main focus of the business which is in the high-end comfort shoe. The change of NASDAQ symbol to "WALK" from "BDOG" accompanies the change of name. The name of the Big Dog...
- Walking Co. Picks Up The Pace On Expansion. Cass, Meghan // FN: Footwear News;7/21/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 28, p20
The article reports on the growth strategy of chief executive officer (CEO) Andrew Feshbach of The Walking Co. in the U.S. The firm steps up towards growth or expansion through business acquisitions, joint ventures and product partnerships with footwear vendors. Feshbach said that developing a...
- Tech talk. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/8/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 48, p22
Presents news briefs related to the apparel industry as of September 8, 1999. Includes results of an Internet shopping study on the influence of name recognition on customers' shopping behavior; PetsMart Inc.'s marketing agreement with Big Dog Holdings; Computer problems which may arise from...
- DBS POLITICS IS LOCAL. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
Reports the plan of the EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. to merge their companies in Washington. Purpose of the merger; Capacity of serving the consumers; Benefits of the merger. INSET: MSOs: DBS Offer No Cause For Alarm.
- Bank analysts share skepticism on merger trend. Clark, Danial M. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul86, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on the concern of bank analysts on the merger trends in the U.S. Effects of merger on common stock dilution; Discussion of regional issues in merger activity; Benefit of mergers on consumers.
- THE TOP-LINE ROUTE TO PREMIUM MERGER VALUES. Bekier, Matt; Shelton, Michael J. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on the role of acquirers in mergers and acquisitions industry. Focus on maintaining and capturing sales; Identification of cost savings; Recognition on the leadership of acquirers.
- ‘Brother’ offers helping hand. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;11/26/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p1
Reports the support of Trelleborg Automotive Americas to Dawson Manufacturing Co. sales in Benton Harbor, Michigan. Benefits of the relationship between Trelleborg and Dawson; Contribution of Trelleborg to Ford Motor Co.; Description of networked cost analysis and benchmarking system.
- THE APPAREL TOP 50. Cole, Michael D. // Apparel Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p1
This article reports that from Chico's FAS Inc. to Big Dog Holdings Inc. this year's top 50 U.S. apparel companies offers a robust top-to-bottom portrait of an appealing, profitable and financially fit group of apparel leaders. This year, by contrast, some powerful players that were well into...