- girltrunks. Miller, Lynn // American Road;Summer2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p69
The article offers information on the swimming suit line from girltrunksâ„¢.
- Board shorts, swimwear hot at ASR. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/12/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 51, p13
Reports on the attention drawn by board shorts and swimwear displayed during the Action Sports Retailer Expo (ASR) in the San Diego Convention Center in California. General ambience of the convention; Exhibitors and overall attendance.
- Licensing Olympic gold. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/8/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 27, p7
Reports on the sales of Olympic merchandise during the 1996 Super Show. Expansion of licensed Olympic apparel; Expansion of the booth space of the Atlanta Committee for Olympic Properties; Expected volume of licensed products; Speedo's Olympic merchandise; Champion JogBra's increase of its...
- WHAT'S NEXT. Tran, Khanh T. L. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/19/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 59, p14S
The article presents some of the fashion trends in California for 2008. It states that jewelry designers are turning their attention to the clavicle. It is not enough for action sports companies to commission painters, photographers and graffiti artists to provide one-of-a-kind graphics for...
- STAYING WITH THE HOMELAND. Huntington, Patty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 13, WWD Milestone p18
Profiles Speedo swimwear design and distribution center Speedo Australia. Number of employees; Brief history; Sales figures according to Dun & Bradstreet Australia; Decision to shift of production offshore; Challenge to maintain core business.
- Efforts Focus on Olympics, Worm Cup, NBA. Cassidy, Hilary // Brandweek;1/7/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the marketing efforts for the athletic footwear and sports retail industries in the United States as of January 7, 2002. Increase in athletic footwear sales through August 2001; Plan of Adidas to increase its marketing spending; Features of the marketing program of New Balance.
- SGMA: Sporting Goods Sales Increased in 2007. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that sporting goods sales in the U.S. increased at an annual rate of 3.3 percent in 2007. Driving the gains were continued strength in athletic footwear, licensed athletic merchandise, fishing, firearms and martial arts. Stability in the fitness equipment, sports apparel, and...
- Plastic Capsules Contain Helium. // Plastics News;09/20/99, Vol. 11 Issue 31, p33
Introduces a skate-shoe heel encapsulating helium developed by Converse Inc. Design; Materials used; Launching date; Participation of Converse at the 1999 Action Sports Retailer Trade Exposition in San Diego, California.
- Brands treading over new ground. Lorenz, Trish; Campbell, Dave // Design Week;6/12/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p9
Focuses on the increasing demand for sports-lifestyle products worldwide. Evolution of rubber shoes into the footwear of choice for many people; Significance of the mass popularity of rubber shoes for designers working to deliver a retail experience for sportswear brands; Rise of niche markets...