Major Leagues Debate Corporate Logos on Uniforms
- Pro bowler's skirt is up for ad grabs. // Marketing News;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p16
This article reports that pro bowler Kim Adler refuses to sell her talents short, but she is selling advertising space on her shorts. A Professional Women's Bowlers Association official says this was the first such sponsorship on either the women's or men's tour. In return, that sponsor will...
- Exploring saturation levels for sponsorship logos on professional sports shirts: a cross-cultural study. Mikhailitchenko, Andrey G.; Tootelian, Dennis H.; Mikhailitchenko, Galina N. // International Journal of Sports Marketing & Sponsorship;Jul2012, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p267
The study extends the research on visual imagery in advertising to sports marketing. The results suggest that excessive on-shirt advertising is wasteful for sponsorships and harmful for team image. However, a strategy of moderate advertising increases the brand recall rate and does not harm the...
- Will MLB sell space on player uniforms? Thomaselli, Rich // Advertising Age;4/5/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on the lack of advertising logos on the uniforms of Major League Baseball (MLB) players, as of April 2004. Stance of Tim Brosnan, executive VP-business of the MLB, on putting logos on uniforms; Possibility for dispute to arise regarding the issue; Possible risk for leagues to alienate...
- BRANDS THAT BUILD ATHLETES AND VICE VERSA. Barancik, Marsha // Beverage Industry;Apr2002, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p46
Reports the effectiveness of brand logos on sport sponsorship and company advertising in the U.S. Involvement of the Coca Cola Co. on sport programs; Relationship between the company sponsors and the product endoser; Significance of sports sponsorships.
- Logo-istics. Davis, Michelle R. // Education Week;10/30/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p27
Reports on the increase in usage of the commercials featuring corporate names and logos for sponsoring sports and educational events. Increase in concern for the usage of commercials; Role played by the commercials in promoting the event.
- Anyone still for cricket? // Harpers Wine & Spirit;7/27/2012, Issue 87, p12
The article reports that wine retailer Laithwaite's Wine has signed a sponsorship deal with the England and Wales Cricket Board as of July 27, 2012. As part of the deal, the wine retailer's logo was put on display during a test match between England and South Africa. The author says more...
- Made You Look!: Mobile Advertising. Gardiner, Bryan // Wired;Jun2010, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p94
The article cites the case of Sprint as an example of mobile advertising in the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR). It indicates the annual spending by Sprint for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series logo and the primary sponsor's spending per season to decorate the hood and rear...
- WNBA to feature Golden Arches logo on jerseys. Mullman, Jeremy // Advertising Age;5/12/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 19, p8
The article reports that the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) has signed a sponsorship agreement with the McDonald's fast-food corporation. The McDonald's logo will be featured on all player's jerseys for part of the basketball season. WNBA President Donna Orender acknowledged that...
- Savvy ads emphasize bottom-line savings. // B to B;05/28/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p26
Reports on changes in business-to-business advertising in the United States. Rejection to warning advertisements; Emphasis on product savings; Citation of Ricoh Co. Ltd. advertisement.