eBay Remains a Bright Spot in Online Retailing
- Online retail jingles bells this Christmas. // Marketing Week;10/26/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p41
The article presents the top online retailers in Great Britain. Marks & Spencer, Tesco Corp., John Lewis and Debenhams Ltd. are among those which make strong showings in the market. Though eBay Inc. tends to prevail the overall sector, its presence is slightly misleading. This is because many of...
- eBay Pumps Up Fitness Sales. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Oct2004, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the contributions of the eBay Web site to the sales of fitness equipment in the U.S. Background on the golf club sales of eBay and other sporting goods retailers; Information on a seminar hosted by eBay designed to educate fitness retailers and manufacturers on the selling of goods...
- EBay: The World's Corner Beauty Store. Finn, Kristin // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/25/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 132, Special Section p9
Focuses on the emergence of EBay as an online health and beauty retail trade system. Information on the financial performance of the company; Plan of the company to increase its supply of products in its best selling category; Popular products being sold by the online retailer.
- Value-able innovation. Murphy, Mark S. // Golf World;1/16/2004, Vol. 57 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the launch of Value Guide, a web site for selling used golf clubs from PGA.com. Partnership with eBay and 3Balls.com; Comment of 3Balls.com founder Leigh Bader regarding the advantages of Value Guide; Plan to launch Trade-In Network, a web site for trading used golf clubs.
- Sports & fitness online sales up more strongly in 2008 than overall online sales. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the increase in online sales of sports & fitness in 2008 in the U.S. A review of quarterly retail electronic-commerce growth rates depicts a slowdown in the retail economy in the country. However, the start of a quarter in 2008 incurred an acceleration of growth rates in...
- The Most Potent Force in Science Today! Gray, Theodore // Popular Science;May2004, Vol. 264 Issue 5, p50
Reports that the online auction web site eBay offers unrestricted access to scientific gear, supplies and chemicals for scientists. Examples of products that could be bought online for a fraction of the cost; Similarity of eBay to the Akihabara district in Tokyo, Japan; Sale of human body parts...
- EBay. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/26/2014, pA02
The article reports on the decision of the multinational Internet consumer company EBay Inc. to shut-down its curated social-shopping site Svpply, after acquiring it less than two years in the U.S.
- eBay Says It Can Speed the REO Sales Process. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p12
Features the eBay Web site in California. Competence of eBay in online home sales; Stages involved in the real estate online sales; Services offered by the site.
- Will Marketplace Fairness Finally Become Reality in 2015? Weindruch, Larry // NSGA Now;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p10
The article explains the potential of Marketplace Fairness in improving balance of sales tax collection on retailers and online sellers of sporting goods. Topics covered include the National Sporting Goods Association addressing the issue since its fly-in to Washington, District of Columbia in...