- Financial Stocks Recover From Post-Election Decline. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;11/10/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 217, p20
Reports on the price recovery of United States financial stocks on November 9, 2000, from their post-election downturn. Prediction of a positive momentum for bank shares due to the positive economic outlook and stable interest rates; Banking companies that posted the biggest stock price gains.
- Banking Stocks Erase Lion's Share Of Monday Losses. Kuehner-Hebert, Katie // American Banker;10/1/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 190, p16
The article reports that, a day after the largest one-day decline in the value of banking stocks, bank stocks regained their value. Much of the loss in bank stock value was due to the U.S. House of Representative's rejection in September 2008 of a government-sponsored bailout of the financial...
- First Call's Analyst Consensus Rankings. // American Banker;10/19/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 200, p39
Presents charts on the performance of stocks of banks and financial services industry in the United States. Thrift institutions; Insurance companies; Credit card firms; Government sponsored enterprises; Private mortgage firms; General finance firms; Brokerage companies; Investment advisory...
- Bank Stocks Dip, Along with the Market. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;9/26/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 186, p20
Shares of banking companies reflected the overall market Thursday. Worries about Iran weighed on the major indexes, and banks, which had opened on the upside, eventually followed the market down. Specialty finance companies were among the top losers, while First Tennessee National Corp. of...
- Sale Scuttlebutt Lifts Downey Again. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;5/19/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 96, p18
Reports that shares of Downey Financial Corp. rose sharply for the third day in the week of May 16, 2005, because of rumors that the thrift company is for sale. Speculation that a sale of Downey is not imminent; Performance of the company's stock; Profile of the company.
- Bank Stocks Post Gain of Nearly 8%. Kuehner-Hebert, Katie // American Banker;4/14/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 70, p2
The author reports on the amount that the value of bank stocks increased on Monday, April 13, 2009. Increases that were experienced by the KBW Bank Index on that day are mentioned. Comments by Matthew Shields, a trader at FIG Partners LLC, regarding the increases that were experienced in bank...
- First Call's analyst consensus rankings. // American Banker;1/25/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 15, p31
Presents charts and graphs showing First Call Corp.'s analyst consensus rankings of the top publicly traded financial services firms in the United States as of January 22, 1998. Top 50 banks; Top 25 thrifts; Insurance companies; Credit card companies; Government-sponsored enterprises; Private...
- MORTGAGE INDUSTRY EQUITY COMPOSITE. // National Mortgage News;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p42
Presents information on the stock market performance of mortgage companies in the U.S. as of June 28, 2004. Names of companies; Price per earning ratios; Astoria Federal; Countrywide Financial Corp.
- Rise in bank shares likely to limit gains. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;4/13/2014, p17
The article discusses the rise in the bank shares in India. The rise in banking shares is said to have made some of the stocks expensive, making them less attractive to investors. Also offered are the perspectives of Adarsh Parasrampuria and Pritesh Bumb, analysts with Prabhudas Lilladher, on...