INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&:A
- Securitization in the financing of acquisitions. Sargent, Steven A. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on securitization in the financing of acquisitions. Segments in the securitization market; Reduction of interest costs; Basis points; Importance of timing. INSET: Getting company..
- Off to see the wizards. Sparks, Debra // FW;11/7/95, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p28
Offers some insights on the buyers who have offered megabucks for television networks and movie studios. Analysis of the financial position of Edgar Bronfman Jr. of Seagram's with 80 percent of MCA; Walt Disney's Michael Eisner buying Capital Cities/ABC for 19 billion; Time Warner's Gerry...
- Tasty stocks that may be gobbled for yummy gains of 25% or more. Fitch, Malcolm // Money;Dec1997, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p67
Discusses the number of companies in the United States to go through mergers or acquisitions in 1997. Price and earnings rations; Incentives to use stocks for takeovers; Mention of WorldCom and MCI. INSET: Whether the hunter or the hunted, GTE..., by Susan Scherreik..
- Financial facts. Brown, Carolyn M.; Branch, Shelly // Black Enterprise;Apr94, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p46
Discusse how holding stock in a company that is headed for a takeover might actually proved beneficial. Possible tax ramifications.
- Dynamics of the marketplace. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun95, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p52
Reports on the prevalent use of cash as a means of paying up for merger and acquisition deals in 1994. Factors driving increased use of cash; Role of buyer discipline in pricing of mergers and acquisitions; Dollar values.
- Bigger definitely is not better. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/22/96, Vol. 6 Issue 45, p12
Focuses on the direction of business in the United States and where they are headed. Document covering what makes money on merger and acquisition; Outcome of mergers from various companies; What will happen if this trend continues.
- It's `all you can eat' in deal funding. Rock, Robert H. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p5
Discusses the availability of funds in the mergers and acquisitions (m&a) market. Opening of dealmaking; Trends of bank acquisition financing; Competition among banks for lending acquisition ventures; Entry of investment banks in financing acquisitions; Forecast on the availability of funds for...
- A real-world focus in calculating terminal values. Barnes, Paul F. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on calculating terminal values in mergers and acquisitions. Equation description; Analysis of historical financial results; Rate of return on incremental investment. INSET: Into the future..
- Deal financing by suppliers and customers. O'Donnell, Daniel; Schulman, David E. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p24
Presents information on the benefits, and advantages, obtained in allowing customers, and suppliers, to be involved in financing deals, pertaining to mergers and acquisitions. Example of how a value gap would benefit a company; Information on the involvement of suppliers, and customers in a...
- A new generation of bridge lending. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the reemergence of bridge loans in the mergers and acquisitions market of the United States. Changes in the volume of bridge loans from 1988 to 1993; Characterization of bridge loans in the 1990s; Difficulty in obtaining bridge financing in the middle market.