THE DOG That Didn't Bite
- Financial Markets. // Canadian Economic Observer;May2002 Statistical Summary, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p49
Presents several charts and tables depicting the condition of financial markets in Canada. Rate of changes in interest rates from 1996 to 2002; Comparison of 1999 with 2000 corporate finances performance; Details on economic condition of security issues and retirements.
- Corporate Debt Rejection. Koo, Richard C. // International Economy;Fall2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p28
This article focuses on corporate debt. Low long-term rates in so many parts of the world, in spite of higher oil prices, larger budget deficits, higher short-term interest rates in the U.S., and pick-up in economic activity in Japan, have baffled both policymakers and market participants. In...
- Financial Markets. // Canadian Economic Observer;Oct2002 Statistical Summary, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p49
Presents charts and graphs of Canada's financial markets statistics as of October 2002. Interest rates and exchange rates; Corporate finances; Security issues and retirements.
- talking point. Clitheroe, Paul // Money (Australia Edition);Mar2006, Issue 77, p10
This section presents an article about the need for developing intuition for financial safety. The recent failure of Westpoint is far more worrying. Westpoint was offering high rates of interest that looked like debentures to many investors. Hence, one solution to financial problems is a...
- NO PERFECT ANSWER. Ross, Derek // Accountancy;Aug2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1308, p103
One of the most difficult questions facing financial managers is to determine the most appropriate mixture of fixed to floating rate debt. Broadly, there is a two-stage methodology in dealing with interest rate exposure. The first stage is to determine an appropriate level of gearing and the...
- The role of interest rate swaps in corporate finance. Kuprianov, Anatoli // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Summer94, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p49
Makes observations concerning the role of interest rate swaps in corporate finance. Risk on financial markets; Uses of swaps; Impact on derivative instruments on a firm's default risk.
- Editorial. Yamakawa, T. Peter // Journal of Economics, Finance & Administrative Science;Dec2014, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p69
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which includes dynamic form of the parameters of interest rates in the Nelson and Siegel Model, significance of researching the cross effect of using jointly external audit quality and ownership structure and effectiveness of...
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;12/20/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p8
The article reports that Haights Cross Communications Inc. has completed a private offering of $30 million in senior notes due 2011 with an interest rate of 11.75% and undertook a $30 million loan to fund future acquisitions and general corporate purposes.
- IPOS IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/30/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p17
The article presents statistical data related to some of the major initial public offerings in the U.S. Information is provided on the dates of offering and their prices.