A Modest Frenzy In Private Equity
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p14
Presents information on private equity deals as of June 27, 2005. Private equity fundraising; Fundraising by fund size; Top advisers.
- GUERNSEY. Morgan, Ben // Lawyer;11/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p41
The article reports that the investment fund industry in Guernsey is booming after regulations were relaxed. In February 2005, the Guernsey Financial Services Commission introduced a three-day approval process for creating Qualifying Investor Funds (QIF) in Guernsey. This QIF authorization...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: PRIVATE EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/26/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p14
Charts the performance of private equities in the U.S. as of January 20, 2004. All private equity fundraising for fourth quarter 2003; U.S. fundraising; Fourth quarter 2003 fundraising by fund size; Top advisers.
- Alternative Investments: Hard lessons at the frontier. Chan, Yvonne // Asian Investor;Apr2014, p1
The article focuses on the opportunities available to private equity investors who are looking to tap growth in frontier markets like Vietnam and Myanmar as well as the lessons that they can learn from entering such markets. Topics discussed include the private equity entrants in Myanmar after...
- Duet invests for the future as assets near $6bn across diverse alternatives business. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
Since its launch in 2002, the London-based group has grown to run hedge, long-only and private equity products spanning equities, emerging and frontier markets, commodities and real estate
- The beauty of private equity. // Finweek;7/4/2013, Special section p12
The article profiles Old Mutual Private Equity, highlighting its move to launch its fourth private equity fund for high-net-worth investors in South Africa. It mentions that private equity is equity exposure to firms that are not listed on the stock market and notes that individual retail...
- Private Equity Eyes Insurance. Green, Meg // Best's Review;Jun2006, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p43
The article reports on the boom of investments in the insurance industry in the United States. Private equity investments in the insurance industry are also growing. However, only four percent of private equity deals involved the financial services sectors in the past five years. Niche markets,...
- The billion dollar LIC bubble. McCormick, Dominic // Money Management;3/24/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p14
Discusses the concerns of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission regarding the dangers from listed investment companies. Focus of the concern on cross-ownership structures; Possibility of the accentuation of problems of investment companies and split investment trusts;...
- San Joaquin Pension Plan Allocates to PE. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;6/25/2013, p2
The article reports on the allotment of a 30-million-U.S. dollar worth of the San Joaquin County Employees' Retirement Association's (SJCERA's) funds to the independent private equity firm Ocean Capital II LP in 2013.