- On Patrol. Lucas, Bob // New York State Conservationist;Apr2005, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p29
Covers issues related to environmental conservation in New York as of April 2005. Fine imposed on a seller of a mountain lion by the Department of Environmental Conservation (ECO); Driver tickets issued by ECO against a truck driver for possessing an open beer can and for littering; Actions...
- Deer management permits, hunting, fishing, trapping licenses will be available. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the 2010-2011 fishing, trapping and hunting licenses and Deer Management permits (DMPs) to be purchased starting August 16, 2010 at the license sales outlets of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- DEC: Get the Lead Out. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the new initiative launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to switch to green ammo from lead-based ammunition for firearms training in order to help reduce the impact of lead at firing ranges. The department is currently phasing in the new...
- New ECOs. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the graduation of new Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOs) who will join the police force of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The event was held at the DEC Training Academy in Oswego County. The class completed the Division of Law...
- Comptroller to EPF: Give out money faster. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/31/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 77, p14
The article reports on the recommendations of the comptroller's office for New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to hasten in administering the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) in the state.
- Belleayre scoping document released. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the release of the final scoping document for the environmental reviews related to the proposed Wildacres and Highmount Spa Resort complex and the unit management plan for the Belleayre Mountain Ski Center by the State Department of Environmental Conservation in New York....
- Attention Outdoorsmen. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p29
The article covers issues of interest to outdoor enthusiasts in New York State as of August 2007. Licenses for hunting, fishing and trapping will go on sale on August 13, 2007 and can be purchase at any license sales agents. Holders of a previous license can order through the Department of...
- Pepsi Bottling Group popped with $65K DEC settlement. // Buffalo Law Journal;8/4/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 62, p4
The article reports that Pepsi Bottling Group Inc. has settled a charge of improperly labeling bottles with the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The firm has agreed to pay a $65,000 fine which will be used by the state for its recycling education programs. The DEC...