I FISH NY
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p28
This section offers news briefs related to environmental conservation in New York. Thomas Reed of Kill Buck landed a record fish while ice fishing on Mystic Lake in Cattaraugus County in January 2009. Several national and international officials visited New York during 2009 to observe the...
- Restoring Damaged Resources. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p2
Highlights the achievement of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in its goal to end the loss of irreplaceable resources and to work for their restoration. Achievements in restoring water resources; Achievements in restoring landscapes; Restoration of species.
- Public Awareness, Public Action. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p9
Highlights the 2000 report of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) on public awareness and public action on environmental conservation. How the information and education from the DEC changed the way New Yorkers use resources; Health advisories from the DEC.
- Managing Special Resources. Pataki, George E.; Cahill, John P. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, A Special section p10
Highlights the 2000 report of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) on the management of special natural resources. Tools used by the DEC to manage special natural resources; Conservation and restoration of rivers.
- Bait Bait â€¦ Don't Tell Me! Longeretta, Emily // Syracuse New Times;6/22/2011, Issue 2098, p10
The article offers information on the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's seventh annual Free Fishing Weekend catch-and-release events in the Onondaga Lake, New York on June 25-26, 2011.
- A Partnership for Bass Management. Green, David M. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the results of the New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's survey to keep track of bass populations in the state. Reasons for conducting the study; Procedure for measuring bass; Number of bass present in any given body of water; Relation of electrofishing catch rate with...
- TU/NYDEC BEAMOC PLAN. // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
Discloses the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's plan to Trout Unlimited to develop a long-range wild-trout management plan for the Beaver Kill watershed.
- Have you caught a big fish lately? // Conservationist;Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the state Department of Environmental Conservation's New York State Angler Achievement Awards Program. Program as a means of officially recognizing anglers for their fishing accomplishments; Award categories; Prizes; State freshwater fish records; Contact information. ...
- Deer management permits, hunting, fishing, trapping licenses will be available. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the 2010-2011 fishing, trapping and hunting licenses and Deer Management permits (DMPs) to be purchased starting August 16, 2010 at the license sales outlets of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).