FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY
- Louisiana Bond Commission Approves $500M State GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p3
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of a general obligation bond deal the state might sell competitively on October 21, 2004. Upgrading of the state's debt by the rating agencies Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Government Finance...
- Pumping Up the Volume Pushes Some Issuers into the Top 20. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p11A
Reports that many issuers in the municipal bond market increased the volume of paper that they sold in 2004 in the United States. List of top issuers category in 2004; Capital project financing; Refunding and restructuring trends.
- Munis Weaken as Bid-Ask Spread Widens; $750M Priced for Kaiser. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p2
Reports on the weakening of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 2004. Growth of bid-ask spread; Price of California Statewide Community Development Authority revenue bonds on behalf of the Kaiser Permanente Healthcare Group; Boost to the Treasury market due to orders for durable goods in...
- California Readies Variable-Rate ERBs, But Structure Undetermined. Walker, Susanne; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p1
Reports on California's plan to issue variable-rate economic recovery bonds (ERB) set to price on June 14, 2004. Success of the offering made in May 2004 that saw retail and institutional investors place nearly $19.9 billion in orders; Remarks of Treasurer Phil Angelides regarding the...
- Muni Fund Flows Dip for 2d Time This Year. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p6
Reports that the Municipal bond mutual fund flows have decreased during the week ended March 30, 2005. Stabilization of funds; Assessment of cash flow in the long-term funds; Inflow of the weekly-only equity funds.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on July 8, 2004, led by aggressive new issue pricing, continuous investment demand and earlier gains in Treasuries.
- Senate Passes D.C. Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p4
Reports on the Senate's approval of the District of Columbia's spending bill for fiscal 2005. Approval of the city's plan to sell general obligation bonds; Proposed payment to the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority.
- Kansas City, Mo., Selling Water Debt After Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/7/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32212, p34
Reports that Kansas City, Missouri will competitively sell 30 million-dollars of water revenue bonds. Prelude to an expected borrowing as the city taps a 500 million-dollar debt authorization approved by voters; Aim of expanding and upgrading the city's water and sewer systems; Affirmation of...
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Post Minor Gains, Providing Stability. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32248, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Provision of minor gains, stability and buoyancy to investors; Optimism of the participants due to a repricing of the treasury and municipal markets; Impact of the trend toward higher interest rates.