Michigan House OKs Tax Shift Despite Detroit Opposition
- Finances of Kentucky Municipal Governments. Houston Jr., Robert G. // Kentucky Journal of Economics & Business;2003, Vol. 22, p1
Looks at the finances of municipal governments in Kentucky. Summary of municipal expenditure flows and revenue streams in the state; Comparison of Kentucky municipalities to other relevant geographical areas; Use of data from the "Finances of Municipal and Township Governments," volume 4, which...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Hildreth, W. Bartley // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, preceding p1
Presents information on articles on municipal finance. Background on municipal bond portfolio insurance; Overview of articles on educational finance.
- Scots to review local tax systems. Scott, David // Public Finance;1/14/2005, p15
Reports on the plan to review local tax systems in Scotland. Website launched by the Scottish Executive to keep people up to date with its efforts; Use of poll tax as an alternative to the current system; Review of different options for local taxation including the reform of the council tax.
- Maine Cities Seek Ballot Solution to Possible Tax Cap. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p4
Reports on the plan of several cities to introduce the tax-cap ballot proposal to voters in the November 2004 elections in Maine. Significance of the approval of tax cap to change the revenue picture of municipal finance; Impact of the voter-approval requirement on larger municipalities in the...
- MUNICIPAL BOND BANKING: THE DIFFUSION OF A PUBLIC-FINANCE INNOVATION. Katzman, Martin T. // National Tax Journal;Jun80, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p149
The bond bank is a recent innovation in municipal finance, now adopted in five states. The institution is described and the benefits of participation in the Maine and Vermont Bond Banks is calculated for several years. The benefits are found to vary inversely with the size of the local issue and...
- MEJORAMIENTO DE LAS FINANZAS PÃšBLICAS LOCALES: EL CASO DEL MUNICIPIO DE MEDELLÃN, 2002-2005. González, Mauricio López; Callejas, Ramón Javier Mesa // Cuadernos de AdministraciÃ³n (01203592);2008, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p327
This article analyzes the evolution of the main financial components of the Municipality of Medellin for the period from 2002 to 2005, in order to show the actions that it has undertaken to achieve sound, efficient, well- balanced local public finance management. To do so, the article describes...
- Replacement of Vehicles in Local Government--An Economic View. Mehra, M. L. // Management Services;Dec1976, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p12
Examines the topic of vehicle replacement in Great Britain. Current replacement value of the vehicle fleet of a typical local authority; Question of whether the vehicles need to be replaced as often as they are; Types of replacement policy; Cost minimisation policy; Effect of the cost...
- Rate of increase in council tax slows. // Community Care;4/1/2004, Issue 1516, p18
Forecasts the increase in council tax payments in Great Britain for the financial year 2005. Projection on the percentage of increase in council tax payments; Comment of Dennis Reed, chief executive of the Local Government Information Unit, on the possible increase in taxes.
- Robbing Peter to Pay Paul and the General Fund. Ford, John Patrick // San Diego Business Journal;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p51
The article focuses on the financing scheme involving the transfer of enterprise funds into the general fund used by former San Diego, California managers and accounting staff. According to the author, there have been reports that a portion of enterprise reserve funds was not used for the...