NFMA to Weigh in on NASACT's Call for Quarterly Disclosure
- NASD to Bring Broker Pay to Light. Burke, Kevin // Money Management Executive;8/18/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p1
Reports on a proposed rule by the National Association of Securities Dealers that would require brokerages and their registered representatives to tell customers whether they receive higher commissions for selling certain mutual funds in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Features of the proposal;...
- FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE AT THE AICPA. Bernstein, Phyllis // National Public Accountant;Aug/Sep2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p32
Discusses the author's opinion on the inadequacy of financial disclosure at the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Concerns raised by the founders of the organization, Certified Public Accountants Reforming Our Profession, regarding financial disclosure; Failures of the...
- STATES FAIL TO REQUIRE FULL DISCLOSURE FROM LEGISLATORS. // American City & County;Jul2009, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p14
The article focuses on a report from the Center for Public Integrity (CPI) which showed that 20 of the 50 U.S. states received a failing grade in terms of financial disclosure. It found that several states such as Louisiana, Mississippi and Oregon have improved their disclosure laws since 2006....
- The False Choice Between Financial Transparency and Litigant Confidentiality. Jung, Chris // Business Lawyer;Feb2012, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p471
Each year, the Section of Business Law sponsors the Mendes Hershman Student Writing Contest to encourage and reward law student writings on business law subjects of general and current interest. Essays submitted for consideration must be the work of the submitting student without substantial...
- TBMA Urges Issuers to Review, Seek Improvements in Bond Sale Practices. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p5
Reports that the Bond Market Association has issued a two-page memorandum urging municipal issuers to review their bond sale procedures. Improvement through the adoption of advanced technology; Standardized disclosure language; Elimination of burdensome requirements.
- SEC Petitioned to Require Climate Risk Disclosure by All Public Companies. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2007 Q3, p1
The article reports on a petition filed by a group of 22 organizations for to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to require all publicly traded companies to evaluate and fully disclose their financial risks from climate change. It says that the petitioners, which include...
- An Experimental Investigation of Some Effects of Consolidating Municipal Financial Reports. Patton, James M. // Accounting Review;Apr78, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p402
This paper describes the conduct and results of an empirical study of the differential impact of providing two competing municipal reporting formats: Fund-by-fund versus consolidated financial statements. The conflict between these two reporting formats was linked to the problems of data...
- Navigating fair disclosure: what companies are doing. Steinberg, Richard M.; Dixon, Catherine T. // NACD Directorship;Nov2001, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p14
Describes a broader range of fair disclosure (FD) practices of public companies in the United States. Impact of Regulation FD on information flow; Materiality of information covered by FD; FD disclosure vehicles used by companies.
- Public Finance Panelists Discuss the Benefits, Challenges of Online Disclosure. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/24/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31002, p28
Reports on the benefits and challenges of online disclosure in the United States. Evolution of the standard for online disclosure; Speed of access and simplicity.