Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter
- Something for Everyone? Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on California's issuance of revenue anticipation notes slated to price on September 29, 2004 after a two-day retail order period. California's efforts to find as broad a market as possible for the sizable sale; Total amount of revenue anticipation notes to be issued by California; Los...
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p32
The article provides information pertaining to municipal bonds in the Midwest as of March 1, 2006. They include municipal bonds issued by Illinois' State Toll Highway Authority, Michigan's State Building Authority, Minnesota's general obligation and state revenue bonds, Missouri's state...
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission To Sell $267M for Its Capital Plan. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p4
Reports on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission's plan to sell revenue bonds in May 2004 to help fund its capital improvement plan. J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s selection as the transactions' lead underwriter; Ambac Assurance Corp.'s plan to insure the bonds; Dilworth Paxson's appointment as...
- Munis Drift Lower Under Pressure From Treasuries; Selling Limited. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the September 24, 2004 trading session in the U.S. Appearance of a number of bid-wanted lists in the sector; Eagerness of some investors to sell bonds while the prices are high; Impact of higher oil prices on the outcome of the trading.
- Munis Finish Up in Muted Activity. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market on March 22, 2006. The market performed higher as Treasuries enjoyed a minor technical bounce. Activity was muted as investors looked forward to the Federal Open Market Committee meeting. The muted secondary activity level...
- Indexes at Highest Levels in Months Amid Inflation Expectations. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p34
Reports on the growth of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes for the period February 19 to May 13, 2004. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; Municipal bond index yield to maturity.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p34
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of February 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply rises; Bond Buyer Indexes; New-issue balances; State and local...
- West Virginia Borrowers Plan About $400 Million of Bonds. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p1
Reports on West Virginia agencies' plan to sell bonds as fiscal 2005 is about to get underway. Likelihood that the state would have more revenue than previously anticipated to help with its budget in 2005; Sales and income tax collections of West Virginia; Additional revenue from severance taxes.
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...