Jobless Claims Rise 14,000 to 350,000
- Jobless Claims Rise 17,000 to 356,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p2
Reports on the increase in the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in Washington in the week ended January 31, 2004. Factors contributing to the increase; Number of continued benefits for the period.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31369, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of April 2002. Increase in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Percentage of increase in the composite index of leading economic indicators; Budget deficit posted by the federal government in Washington.
- U.S. service sector continued shrinking in August. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;9/20/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p12
Reports the economic decline in the United States. Deterioration of labor market in the services sector; Increase number of people claiming unemployment insurance; Increase the unemployment rates.
- Jobless Claims Down 6,000 to 310,000. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Rise 2,000 to 326,000. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32258, p2
Reports on the increase in first-time application for state unemployment in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Up 18,000 to 369,000. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p2
Reports on the increase of first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. Decrease in the number of continued benefits; Growth in the unadjusted initial claims; Observation of the largest increase in initial claims in Florida.
- IN BRIEF. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p2
The article reports on news items concerning the U.S. economy and bond market as of August 18, 2006. U.S. Labor Department data has showed that first-time applications for state unemployment benefits declined 10,000 to 312,000 in the week ended August 12, 2006. The Conference Board reported that...
- Jobless Claims Up 7,000 To 480,000 in Dec. 12 Week. Temple-West, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/18/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 47, p12
The article reports that U.S. Department of Labor reports on the increasing jobless claims from 7,000 to 480,000 as of December 12, 2009. It mentions that economists had anticipated the 465, 000 initial jobless claims by the week ending December 5, 2009 and 5.150 million continuing claims in the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to the U.S. economy. Amount of decrease in first-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Details of the rise in the composite index of leading economic indicators; Statistics pertaining to the general business conditions index of the Federal Reserve...