HD stakeholders conference
- HDTV Enters Next Phase: The Retailing Of Cable. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the move of cable operators to sell high-definition television (HDTV) equipment and services through consumer electronics retail chains as of August 2003. Effect of delays on government approvals of interoperability standards to retailers; Willingness of cable operators to add HDTV...
- Simplify the HD Message. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/9/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 23, p48
The article author is of the view that cable operators should simplify the process of high definition television (HDTV) for viewers so that they are motivated to buy HDTV sets. There are a number of good signs that HDTV could finally get the self-sustaining momentum it needs. But, like the...
- Preparing for Next-Gen HD. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;2/16/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p17
The article focuses on the significance of the next-generation high definition (HD) technologies on cable operator's satellite offerings in the U.S. According to Bob Zitter of HBO, consumers are already accessing programming at high resolution that has better quality than any broadcast networks....
- Sachs: Choose HDTV. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;6/16/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p6
National Cable & Telecommunications Association president Robert Sachs said that broadcasters seeking digital cable carriage should emphasize on high definition television (HDTV) programming over multiple programming services at lower resolution. Sachs complained that many broadcasters continue...
- Programmers Ramp Up To Meet HD Demand. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;2/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the issues concerning the use of high-definition television (HDTV) channels by cable network operators and producers in the U.S. The multiplatform craze has disturbed programmers and distributors which surrounds the use of HDTV space such as capacity, price and...
- Upstart USDTV Adds Programmers, Cash. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the expansion of wireless television service U.S. Digital Television Inc. (USDTV). Premium channel of USDTV; Plan of the company to retail its high definition television set-top; Initial program lineup on the cable side of USDTV.
- THE SCAPEGOAT. Mundy, Alicia // MediaWeek;05/08/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 19, pC54
Looks at the state of cable television (TV) industry in the United States as of May 2000. Criticisms against cable employees; Impact of cable on digital TV (DTV) and high definition TV; Implications of the delay of roll-out of DTV.
- They Multicast Cable Nets in Utah. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p8
Deals with the launch of the startup multicasting service of U.S. Digital Television Inc. (USDTV) in Utah. Reaction of cable operators to the price threat posed by USDTV; Cable services included in the high definition television offering of USDTV; Information on how household consumers can...
- HDTV. // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p90
Presents a list of prominent national HDTV programming for April 2005 from cable television's major HD programmers, including primetime and premiere fare and live events in the U.S.