Something for Everyone?
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Market Finishes Little Changed As Bid Side Fades and Treasuries Falter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p2
Reports on developments concerning municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 23, 2004. Release of the minutes from the August Federal Open Market Committee meeting that stated the need for the continuation of a tightening monetary policy; Trends in the Treasury market; Sale of a triple-A rated...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p34
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of February 6, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply rises; Bond Buyer Indexes; New-issue balances; State and local...
- May Volume Barely Tops 2006, But Year-to-Date Sales Up 30%. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p52
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. as of June 1, 2007. The year-to-date totals of municipal bonds which was sold continued to overshadow 2006 with 2007 issuance levels almost 30 percent higher than in 2006. In 2007, $173.78 million of bonds have been...
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p32
The article provides information pertaining to municipal bonds in the Midwest as of March 1, 2006. They include municipal bonds issued by Illinois' State Toll Highway Authority, Michigan's State Building Authority, Minnesota's general obligation and state revenue bonds, Missouri's state...
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission To Sell $267M for Its Capital Plan. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p4
Reports on the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission's plan to sell revenue bonds in May 2004 to help fund its capital improvement plan. J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s selection as the transactions' lead underwriter; Ambac Assurance Corp.'s plan to insure the bonds; Dilworth Paxson's appointment as...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p40
Presents statistics pertaining to the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 21, 2004. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Visible supply declines; Bond Buyer indexes.
- Greenspan Testimony to Congress Helps Sink Municipal Debt Lower. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p2
Reports on the outcome of the February 17, 2005 municipal bond trading in the U.S. Decline in the popularity of longer-dated Treasuries; Amount of refunding certificates issued by the Arizona School Facilities Board; Value of revenue bonds issued by the New York State Dormitory Authority.
- Indexes at Highest Levels in Months Amid Inflation Expectations. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31884, p34
Reports on the growth of the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes for the period February 19 to May 13, 2004. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue Bond Index; Municipal bond index yield to maturity.