Technology's Creative Master
- O ethos de cada um: limites e associaÃ§Ãµes entre a Ã©tica profissional de jornalistas e corporativa de empresas de comunicaÃ§Ã£o. Dias, Robson // Revista MediaÃ§Ã£o;jul-dez2012, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p95
In interdisciplinary studies on Digital Television, conflicting frameworks are used to describe the transformative nature of this medium, which is either defined as a revolution or an innovation. In light of genre concepts and movements of the audiovisual language and by taking a historical...
- REVOLUTIONS IN A BOX. Moldofsky, Leora // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/19/2001, Issue 11, p52
Discusses the availability of digital television in Australia. Reaction to the new technology by television networks, viewers and retailers; Significance of the development of digital television on the medium; System requirements to receive digital-quality television.
- House DTV Bill Progresses Intact Via Budget Measure. // Telecom Policy Report;11/21/2005, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p1
This article reports on the introduction of the digital television transition bill in the U.S. House of Representatives in November 2005. The inclusion of the bill in the budget measures taken by the sector is presented. The impact of the possible approval of the bill on the telecommunication...
- ImplantacÃon de la TV digital terrestre. Herreros, Mariano Cebrián // Revista Mexicana de Comunicacion;may/jun2009, Vol. 21 Issue 116, p10
No abstract available.
- DIGITAL Television's December DESCENT. Botting, Geoff // J@pan Inc.;Dec2003, Issue 50, p28
Deals with the plan of the Japanese government to implement terrestrial digital television (DTV) broadcasting in the country starting December 1, 2003. Objections to the plan; Possible benefits of the terrestrial DTV; Overview of the plan.
- The American DTV PLATFORM. Cianca, Philip J. // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2006, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p54
The article narrates the beginning of the digital television in the U.S. during its 10th anniversary of the Federal Communication Commission's formal adoptation of the American DTV standard. The evolution of high-definition television (HDTV) is generally attributed to NHK during the SMPTE...
- France: Digital webs shake up b'casters. James, Alison // Variety;4/4/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 7, pA12
Reports on the launch of the digital terrestrial television (DTT) in France on March 31, 2005. DTT offerings from the main commercial players in the country; Entry of Direct8 into the market; Survey conducted by Carat into the DTT market in France.
- Shareholders and Nomads - Understanding the change to a Digital Television Environment. Carr, David // Image Technology;Mar1997, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the change of television to a digital television environment in Great Britain. It stated that television has moved from being dominated by Public Service Broadcasting to being dominated by the commercial sector. However, digital technology enables the long predicted merger...
- Digital TV Squabbles Could Derail 3G. Holt, Chuck // Wireless Review;03/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
Discusses proposals to change standards on digital television (DTV) broadcasting. Impact of changes to the standards on the implementation of DTV broadcasting; Significance of wireless data to broadcasters.