- Tennis Volleys at Super Show. Bowers, Katherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/1/2001, Vol. 181 Issue 22, p9
Reports on a boom in women's tennis and fitness apparel. Holding of the Super Show, an athletic products marketplace, at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada; Business prospects of Russell Athletic, a division of Russell Corp.; Offerings of the Balle de Match company.
- 2010 Spring Fashions. // Tennis Life;Mar2010, p39
The article evaluates several tennis clothing and accessories including GLM Polo from Prince, Performance Tank from Wilson and SmoothFit Long Bra Top from Reebok.
- Tenniswear Courts Marketing Aces. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/16/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 125, p9
Discusses the use of tennis players to market and endorse tenniswear in the U.S. Reason for the popularity of women's tennis games; Increase in the number of people who participated in tennis games from 2001 to 2003; Criteria used by Reebok in selecting endorsers for its products.
- Casual and Comfortable: Keys to Sportswear Gains. Silverman, Dick // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/26/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 59, p20
Reports on the decline of sales of casual office clothing in the United States. Casual comfort in sportswear sales in the U.S.; Growth of all sportswear categories; Gains in sweaters; Sales of petite clothing.
- Major bridge makers banking on key items to rescue holiday. Lockwood, Lisa; D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/31/95, Vol. 169 Issue 104, p1
Focuses on the fashion styles that bridge makers are banking on for their 1995 holiday-resort sportswear business. Price increases on the fashion line; Emanuel/Emanuel Ungaro; ABS; CK Calvin Klein; Dana Buchman; Andrea Jovine; Searle Blatt; Onward Kashiyama Co. Ltd.; Retail price range of...
- Italy's production Hits the Road. Zargani, Luisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/19/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 75, p6
Presents an update on the sportswear business in Italy as of October 2000. Sportswear manufacturers' adjustment to modern economic reality of rising wages and consumer expectations of low prices by moving portions of their production out of the country; Precedent move of Gruppo Miroglio of...
- ON TRACK: News. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p9
A timeline is presented that describes the developments in the sports apparel sector from September to October 2012.
- Activewear goes the distance. Mammerella, James // Discount Store News;2/3/93, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p63
Looks at the growing popularity of activewear in the United States in 1996. Prediction of further growth for this segment in 1997; Companies' with activewear plans for 1997.
- Fall's Harvest: Consumers Pixing Luxe, Warmth. Kletter, Melanie; Fung, Shirley // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/11/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 69, p10
Presents an update on the growth of the sportswear business in the United States. Increase in sales of sportswear in various stores including that of Neiman Marcus, Lilly Dodson and Draper & Damon's; Sportswear design and styles most popular among consumers.