Bright Lights, Big Brands
- Pluck, puck help shoes climb back. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;1/30/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that after a rough two years of recoiling from seismic shifts in fashion and recreation, sneaker companies in the athletic footwear industry will be back on the offensive in 1995 with new designs and technologies, revamped marketing strategies and aggressive expansion into...
- Proof Positive. Schneider-Levy, Barbara // FN: Footwear News;6/14/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 21, p22
The article focuses on the increasing demand of footwear companies in the U.S. offering wellness brands for scientific studies supporting the benefits of such shoes for physical fitness. It states that these companies are asking for more scientific data as it adds credibility of their brand and...
- Private Matters. // Prepared Foods;Jan2009, Vol. 178 Issue 1, p46
The article presents the results of the 2008 survey conducted by The Nielsen Co. with regards to U.S. consumer perception of private label brand quality. Nearly three-quarters or 72% of consumers regard store brands as good alternatives to name brands while 62% find store brands to be as good as...
- REPORT SHOWS UNDER ARMOUR'S RUNNING STRONG ALREADY. Kerrigan, Andy // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the results of the survey conducted by Brand Strength Report regarding the running footwear launch of Under Armour Inc. It states that the results indicate that runners, who are the respondents, have positive outlooks when it comes to the company. It tells that the results...
- Top 4 slip, but still hold lead in sporting goods. // Discount Store News;10/4/93, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p56
Ranks the top brands of sporting goods based on a survey of store managers in the United States for 1993. Ranking by region; Ranking by managers of Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target; Coleman; Wilson; Spalding; Zebco; Huffy; More.
- New Footwear Brand Share Reports Available at Pre-Publication Pricing. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;4/1/2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p4
The article presents information about the 2009 NSGA Footwear Brand Share reports from the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) in the U.S. The report has data regarding products sold, type of stores, range or retail prices and household income. It also takes into consideration age and...
- IN BRIEF. Pallay, Jessica // FN: Footwear News;9/14/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on a study according to which footwear luxury segment might not attract new entries as there are too many brands in most high-end categories.
- WHAT'S SELLING. Goodson, Audrey // Footwear Plus;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p24
The article presents questions and answers about the sales of wellness footwear of retailers Footprints of Newington, Connecticut and The Shoe Hutch of Corvallis, Oregon, including the what the current best selling brands are, what the current best-selling styles are, what is the best new...
- OPPORTUNITIES. // FN: Footwear News;2/15/2016, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p105
A calendar of event related to the footwear industry for 2016 is presented including Synclaire Brands Milestone Women's Fashion, Paris Runway Coverage Distribution and Los Angeles Times Distribution.