Rules of Attraction
- Interactive Sports Authority unit, prototype for future, bows in N.J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/30/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 60, p8
Features the interactive store unveiled by Sports Authority in Clifton, New Jersey. Location; Design of the interiors; Display of merchandise according to activity.
- The Lyon King. Leand, Judy // SGB;Oct2004, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p60
Interviews Glenn Lyon, president and chief merchandising officer of The Finish Line, about the sporting goods industry in the U.S. Challenges faced by the company, as of October 2004; Effect of retail and vendor consolidations in the industry on the business of The Finish Line; Strategy used by...
- Finish Line Loss Narrows In Qtr. Steigrad, Alexandra // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/2009, Vol. 197 Issue 67, p14
The article reports that Indianapolis, Indiana-based athletic goods retailer Finish Line Inc. has narrowed its total loss to $1.4 million or 3 cents a diluted share in the fourth quarter ending on February 28, 2009. Revenues fell 4.9% to $364.1 million in the above-mentioned quarter. Shares of...
- What has been your most-effective advertising strategy? // Archery Business;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p66
The article focuses on the effective advertising strategy of several archery equipment retail stores in the U.S. Jeff Byrne of Cabin Fever Sporting Goods attributes their success to manufacturers' Web site as an effective advertising tool. Brian Glenn of Archery & the Glenn states that...
- Sporting Goods Retailers Endure Trying First Quarter. Burrows, Dan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/27/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 106, p5
Presents the financial status on the retail of sporting goods for the first quarter of 2003. Depletion of profits for the Sports Authority Inc.; Merger of the Sports Authority and Gart Sports Co.; Report of earnings and gains by the Foot Locker Inc.
- Home field advantage. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
Highlights how local companies in the sporting goods industry in New Orleans, Louisiana, compete with large chain stores by specializing in certain sports. Closure of local stores by chain companies JumboSports and Sports Authority Inc.; Expansion nationwide by New Orleans-based Sports Avenue;...
- DATAMONITOR: The Sports Authority, Inc. // Sports Authority SWOT Analysis;Jul2011, p1
The article profiles sporting goods retailer Sports Authority Inc. based in Englewood, Colorado. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and web address. A SWOT analysis is also provided, which cites the potential impact of the...
- The Sports Authority shifts ad strategy to build brand image. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;8/18/97, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p3
Reports about The Sports Authority (TSA) image advertisement featuring string visuals of prominent athletes. Implications of the retailer's advertisement; Comment of chairman Jack Smith on campaign strategy; Test market of campaign; Competitions faced by the company.
- Finish Line charges on. Rettig // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on Indianapolis, Indiana-based athletic apparel retailer Finish Line Inc. as of November 22, 1999. Company background; Company's plan to expand its business operations.