Back in the Race
- Toning Footwear Trend or Fad? Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p12
The article analyzes toning footwear's long-term popularity and its future. It is stated that an 18% spike in women's footwear has been reported at Famous Footwear Inc. Diane Sullivan, president and chief operating officer (COO) of Brown Shoe comments that although the men's toning business is...
- Surf, Skate Categories on the Rise. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;9/18/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 37, p18
This article reports on the continued popularity of the skate and surf looks in the footwear industry through spring of 2007. While Famous Footwear has always carried some skate looks, according to Tom Sicari, vice president and merchandise manager for athletic and kids, the number of styles...
- FAME GAME. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;10/4/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p20
The article presents information on Famous Footwear Inc., which started in 1960, and now, the footwear retailer has established itself as a leader in family footwear, with 947 stores and 179 outlets.
- Famous Footwear steps into Valley North. Schneider, Darlene // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, pA1
Reports that Wisconsin-based Famous Footwear has signed a ten-year lease on 7,500 square feet of space in the Valley North Shopping Center in Wenatchee, Washington. Commencement of remodelling on the leased space; Footwear brands offered by the store; Other store locations.
- Reinventing: THE SHOE WALL. Powell, Matt // SGB;Feb2009, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p22
The article focuses on the marketing and merchandising strategy in athletic footwear industry in the U.S. It states the prevalence of American youth who like to wear denim pants and sneakers as well as the decrease of numbers of children who are interested in sports. In addition, it highlights...
- Fitness Test. Henning, Kristen // FN: Footwear News;10/4/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p24
The article presents information on footwear retailer Famous Footwear Inc., which is opening new stores, with a new fitness retail concept. The company is preparing to launch five test locations called Mind Body Sole in the U.S., that will focus on toning and wellness. Rick Ausick, president of...
- Mix Mastering. Young, Marcie // FN: Footwear News;10/4/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 36, p28
The article presents information on the product strategy of footwear retailer Famous Footwear Inc. It is stated that Famous Footwear is now focused on establishing itself as the top destination for family footwear, for which the company identifying emerging categories in the wellness and toning...
- The Maverick. Newman, Eric // FN: Footwear News;12/5/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 48, p44
The article features Brian Cook, Hall of Fame recipient of the 2005 Footwear News Achievement Awards. He started out as a stock boy at Neil's Factory Outlet Store, the company that would later become Famous Footwear. He was named vice president of merchandise and by 1974, together with a...
- The Shoe Must Go On. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;10/10/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p30
Presents information on a television advertisement from Famous Footwear with a theme that depicts happiness.