Making a Connection
- UPDATE. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p30A
Reports on the business performance of Indianapolis, Indiana-based athletic store, Athletic Annex as of September 2005. Sales results; Competition.
- New Era Partners With Collegiate Pacific. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Aug2006, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p11
This article discusses the sporting goods industry during 2006. In 2006, Collegiate Pacific Inc. entered into a marketing and distribution agreement with New Era Cap Co. Under the agreement, Collegiate Pacific will sell New Era products, especially the popular New Era baseball caps. Collegiate...
- Sports and specialty stores: no increase in average shoe prices. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on the preliminary data gathered by the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) that relate to sports and specialty stores. It is indicated that the average price point for athletic footwear in 2008 shows no increase in the said stores. The average price has remained...
- Hats for Sale. // Retail Traffic;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p190
The article reports on the opening of the New Era: New York store in Greenwich Village, New York City. It is the first flagship store of baseball cap maker New Era Cap Co. New Era is the official manufacturer and marketer of Major League Baseball's official uniform caps. The company is also the...
- Thinking Caps. Bouchard, Nancy // SGB;June2006, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p28
The article focuses on the sporting goods manufacturer, New Era Cap Company Inc., and its international growth, and foray into retail. Various statistics related to the company's financial performance are presented. Also discussed are the release of new products, and the company's plans to...
- NEW ERA CAP. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p12
The article reports that New Era Cap Co. Inc. acquired 5th & Ocean, the sports licensing firm known for its fashion-forward women's styles. 5th & Ocean, a privately held firm, is a minority-certified manufacturer of licensed team sports and private-label items ranging from fleece and tank tops...
- LICENSING. // Retail Merchandiser;May/Jun2010, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p183
The article evaluates several collectibles, including Elvis Presley Classic and Collector Series of martini glasses and limited edition glass from Hour Glass Studio, Ali Collection of caps from New Era Cap, and Three Stooges Model Kits from C3 Entertainment.
- Women-only Nike stores. Mycoskie, Paige A.; Cohen, Sharon // Shape;Nov2001, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p52
Reports on Nike Inc.'s plans to open NIKEgoddess women's sporting goods shops in California. Range of product offerings; Shop features.
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p34
A calendar of events related to sporting goods industry in the U.S. from December 2008 to September 2009 is presented which include the Baseball Tradeshow, Let's Play Hockey Expo, and Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.