Fishing for Answers
- sporting goods. // DSN Retailing Today;10/2/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p39
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods industry in the U.S. as of October 2, 2000. Launch of a Cabela's retail store in Dundee, Michigan; Amount of financing received by Global Sports Interactive; Appointment of Doug Bowen as president of retail stores of Bass Pro Shops Inc.
- RULES OF THE GAME. // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on companies included in the 2004 "SGB" Retail Top 100 in the U.S. Wal-Mart; Dick's Sporting Goods; Bass Pro Shops; Foot Locker; Cabela's. INSETS: IPOS, ACQUISITIONS AND BANKRUPTCIES CONTINUE TO SHAPE THE MARKET;OUTDOOR RETAILERS WEIGH THE IMPACT OF VENDOR ACQUISITIONS.
- Retail Report Card. Powell, Matt // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p12
This article presents information on retailers in the sporting goods industry and gives the results of the fifth annual "SGB" Retailer Assessment Study. Among the retailers that scored above average are Cabela's, REI, Bass Pro Shops, and L.L. Bean. Several charts are presented that show...
- BASS PRO. PARDEE, THOMAS // Advertising Age;11/15/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 41, p20
The article examines the sporting goods industry company Bass Pro Shops, focusing on how the company has marketed its retail stores through integrated marketing.
- Keep the Bugs At Bay. Fortenbaugh, Brian // Bowhunter;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p49
Present information related to a list of companies that manufacture bug-proof products used for hunting. Features of a RedHead Bug Suit from Bass Pro Shops Inc.; Information related to Bug Buffer Suit from Cabela's Inc.; Details of the Bug Tamer from Shannon Outdoors Co.; Information of various...
- Have Rod, Will Travel. Schultz, Ken // Field & Stream;Nov2001, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p96
Features several fishing rods for catching different types of fish. Design and construction of All Star fishing rods; Introduction of five travel rod by Bass Pro Shops Inc.; Durability of the Salt Striker Series rods manufactured by Cabela.
- 2014 SHOT BUSINESS AWARD NOMINATIONS. // SHOT Business;Dec2014, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p9
The article announces the nominees for the magazine's 2014 awards including Bass Pro Shops Inc. and Cabelas for Chain Retailer of the Year, Julie Golub and Joe Bartozzi for Person of the Year and Daniel Defense Inc. and Winchester Ammunition Co. for Company or Organization of the Year.
- A merger of giants? Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on claims of a merger between Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's Inc., which was neither denied nor confirmed by the two businesses as of January 2016.
- LOTS OF TOYS FOR BIG BOYS. Murray, Arthur O. // Business North Carolina;Dec2003, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p58
Features Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World store in Concord, North Carolina. Kinds of sporting goods offered by the store; Attraction provided by the store; Special events being held at the store.