The Nuances of Negotiation
- Dressier Departing TWC. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p6
The article features the top executives of Time Warner Cable in the U.S. Fred Dressler, chief programming-rights negotiator will retire from the company by the end of this year. Melinda Witmer, vice president of programming is promoted to replace Dressler's position. Lynne Constantini, company's...
- Dressler: Time Warner's Gatekeeper. Paskowski, Marianne; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p1
Interviews Fred Dressler, senior vice president of programming at United States-based cable television company Time Warner Cable. Career background; Background on the company's retransmission dispute with Walt Disney Co.; Company's opposition to programming license-fee increases.
- Tough (But Fair) Dressler Holds the Line. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p78
Features Fred Dressler, senior vice president of programming for United States-based cable television company Time Warner Cable. Career background; Dressler's role in the retransmission dispute between Time Warner Cable and Walt Disney Co.; Dressler's reputation as a negotiator.
- Cable's Constant Watchman. Motavalli, John // Television Week;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p1
This article presents a conversation with Fred Dressler, executive vice-president of programming at Time Warner Cable. During a cable show in Atlanta, Georgia, Dressler stated that he will disprove the plan of ABC to stream programming for free. The office of Dressler in Stamford, Connecticut is...
- Former EVP, Programming Time Warner Cable. Dressler, Fred // Multichannel News;4/28/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p36
The article focuses on Fred Dressler, former executive vice president of Programming at the cable provider Time Warner Cable Inc., discusses his career, and his contributions to the telecommunication industry and introduction of video on demand and high-definition programming services in the firm.
- TWC Taps Witmer. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/9/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 40, p45
The article reports the promotion of Melinda Witmer to the position of senior vice president/chief programming officer at Time Warner Cable. The retirement of current head programmer Fred Dressler is noted. Witmer's responsibility to lead Time Warner's negotiations with cable networks and...
- WHO'S WHO: TWC'S MANAGEMENT TEAM. // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p30
The article lists members of the management team at cable company Time Warner Cable Inc., including Glenn Britt, Landel Hobbs, and Robert Marcus.
- Shea What? // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on an amount being asked by Time Warner and Comcast Cable to DirecTV to carry one season of their Mets RSN in the U.S. in 2006. It cites the role of Fred Dressler of Time Warner in the negotiation about the deal.
- Profit's No Motive for HDTV Rollouts. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p12
Deals with the views of several top MSO, programming and ad-agency officials on high definition television (HDTV). Evidences stated by Fred Dressler, Time Warner Cable's executive vice president of programming, which show that specific profitability of HDTV is lost in the long term; Information...