- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- Flashing Forward. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the Spring 2007 design and construction of performance running shoes. According to Geoff Shaffer, marketing director at Pearl Izumi, performance running shoes are sporting bolder colors than in seasons past. Construction methods are also undergoing changes, resulting in...
- Flash and Dash. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jan2005, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Presents information on several footwear models for 2005. Hyper Rocketgirl II from Asics; Complete TF LD from Puma; Cosmos MD from Adidas; JW Foster Distance from Reebok; Monsterfly from Nike.
- It's Gotta Be The Shoes. Kyles, Kyra // Jet;1/9/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p34
The article offers tips to use when choosing exercise shoes for running, walking, aerobics, and dancing. Tips include shopping at an independent running retailer, purchasing a shoe that is cushioned-neutral, and buying the correct shoe for a particular activity. It is noted that cross-training...
- YOU 2.0. Casimiro, Steve // Popular Science;Dec2004, Vol. 265 Issue 6, p144
Evaluates the Free 5.0 shoes for runners from Nike. Key features; Composition of the running shoes; Advantages of using the shoes.
- NEW BALANCE. Avant, Mary // Footwear Plus;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
The article features New Balance, a U.S. footwear manufacturer that has been recognized for its product excellence at the13th Annual Plus Awards ceremony in 2012. The company attributes its 2-billion U.S. dollar sales in 2012 to the success of its running division, which grew more than 10...
- GOLITE INTRODUCES TRAIL RUNNING FOOTWEAR. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p8
The article looks at how GoLite has unveiled a trail running footwear line for Spring 2007. The new collection targets specialty outdoor and running shops. GoLite Footwear is being managed out of Timberland's headquarters in Stratham, New Hampshire. The new footwear boasts a "Soft Against the...
- Is Less More? BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;9/19/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 34, p22
The article focuses on the technological innovations incorporated in the running shoes category and shoe vendors have been reshaping the category to join the race and to get in on the action. It mentions that by Spring 2012 all major running brands will have minimal or natural-motion product. It...
- Bright Idea. // FN: Footwear News;3/28/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p38
Several photographs of running shoes including products from Reebok, Etnies, and Nike is presented.