On the Ball
- NSGA Launches Expanded NSGA Sporting Goods Buying Guide. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;8/29/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the decision of the National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) to launch the expanded NSGA Sporting Goods Buying Guide. The action will provide more than 22,000 retail stores an immediate and direct access to this unique search tool. The search tool features a wide array...
- Berlin Nike Town to premiere. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/02/99, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p13
No abstract available.
- Bowling Shop Opens. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the Rusty J's Proshop bowling gear store has opened for business in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- NikeTown's invasion of London. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the opening of the Nike Town Store in London, England. Estimates of the store's construction cost; Description of the store's features.
- Scoring the winning design. Carlton, Rachel // Display & Design Ideas;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on the design of the retail store of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. at the Mall in Robinson near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the design of the store; Techniques used in the design and construction of the store; Elements of the design.
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // SGB;Dec2008, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p34
A calendar of events related to sporting goods industry in the U.S. from December 2008 to September 2009 is presented which include the Baseball Tradeshow, Let's Play Hockey Expo, and Outdoor Retailer Summer Market.
- ROLLER FOREVER. // Transworld Skateboarding;Dec2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p98
This article presents several roller bags for skateboarding people. Alpine Divine roiling suitcase by L-R-G for $150. 9800 by Ogio for $180. Bradley by Etnies for $90. Viathan by DC for $180. Split Roller 120 by Dakine for $130. Des Grafik Omega Roller by Volcom for $190. 60/40 Convertible by...
- A High Price to Pay. Lunan, Charlie; Ryan, Tom // SGB;May2008, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p32
The article offers the author's comments on how the weakening U.S. economy and Chinese sourcing issues are forcing the sporting goods industry to rethink ways of doing business. It is predicted that prices are expected to rise dramatically during the next two years, mainly due to higher...
- SPORTS CENTER. // Oregon Business Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
The article presents the results of a survey on the sporting and athletic goods industry in Oregon which was held in 2013. Almost 68% of the respondents said that the industry is important for the state economy. According to 15 percent of the respondents, firms involved in golf and adventure...