Cornering the Kids' Market
- THE CHILDREN'S CLOSET. // New Yorker;11/26/1973, Vol. 49 Issue 40, p104
The article presents information on children's clothing. Wearing of denim jeans has become more fashionable among children. The jean craze has brought an inevitable reappraisal of all things. From a SoHo shop at the corner of West Broadway to Houston Street, branded cotton shirts printed with...
- New brands battle big-store gridlock. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/28/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 83, p12
Focuses on the entry of denim lines in the highly competitive junior denim market in the United States. Retailers' evaluation of the brands TO2, Steve Madden, Candie's and XOXO Jeans; Challenge of catering to the fickle preferences of the youth.
- fashion REMIX. Johnson, Lynda M. // Ebony;Aug2008, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p90
Photographs of children in fall fashion from various children's apparel including Buffalo Jeans, Dillard's, and Nautica.
- Shape Shifters. DeCarlo, Lauren // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/21/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 15, p6
Looks at the trends in the denim clothing industry in the U.S. Increase in the number of clothing brands that enter the denim category; Style of denim jeans that will dominate the market; Approach employed by boutiques in marketing denim clothing.
- Flares, boot-cuts drive spring. Socha, Miles // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/3/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 46, p9
Examines the market for women's jeanswear in the United States. Views of vendors during the 1998 WWDMagic and MAGIC International trade fairs in Las Vegas, Nevada; Comment from Gordon Harton, vice president and general manager of the Lee brand of jeans; Demand for flared and boot-cut...
- Denim Dish. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/10/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 27, p11
Reports developments related to the clothing industry in the United States as of August 2000. Survey on the popularity of Levi's jeans with high school and college students; Assessment of the Fossil apparel venture; Role of model Iman in Mother's Voices, an AIDS awareness movement; Details on a...
- EUROPEANS LOOK WEST. Murphy, Robert // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/27/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 111, Special Section p34
Deals with the impact of the U.S. jeans market on the European jeans market. Influences of the U.S. jeans market on European jeans companies; Move of some European companies in the U.S. to alter their jeans cuts and styles to suit the U.S. jeans market; Challenges that European companies have...
- Jeans Flying Higher. // Indian Textile Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the global annual sales of jeans in 2007. In Great Britain, consumers purchased over 86 million pairs of jeans during the year. Consumer spending on jeans in the country is reported to increase by four percent compared to 2006. Meanwhile in the U.S., an estimated 450...
- Mood beyond indigo. // Discount Store News;2/22/99, Vol. 38 Issue 4, APPAREL MERCHANDISING p23
Focuses on the jeans industry of the United States. Examples of marketing strategies from clothing companies; Market of khaki, carpenter and cargo pants; Advertising campaigns.