- On the Ball. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
Presents information on Kids' Sportsworld, a sporting goods store for children in Chesterfield, Missouri. History of the company; Target age group; Financial performance.
- No Kidding Around. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p6
Explains the reason for featuring the children of writers in the April 2004 issue of "SGB." Children featured in the issue; Promotion of sports among children to prevent obesity; Effect of the decline in the involvement of children in sports on the sporting goods industry.
- High Energy. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jul2006, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p26
This article reports on the range of sport food products. The companies are embracing the "whole foods" trend by including as few additives and processed foods as possible. There has also been a development in refueling the body's energy supply separately from hydration, which prevents...
- Resolving to meet many challenges in 2014. Carison, Matt // NSGA Now;Dec2013/Jan2014 NOW Issue, p2
The article presents the author's views on the challenges for National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) in 2014. He comments on challenges in 2013 including disruptions to members' businesses through ongoing industry consolidation and the economic uncertainty. He opines on the increase in...
- Understanding Unplanned Purchases to Develop Retail Growth Strategies. Dobrin, Dustin; Egan, Karen Ringswald; Shea, Carol // NSGA Now;Dec2013/Jan2014 NOW Issue, p4
The article focuses on early-stage shop-along exploratories, conducted by National Sporting Goods Association (NSGA) in partnership with Blue Research and Olivetree Research. It is mentioned that shoppers on different store missions were followed to find their shopping behavior and their choice...
- EXTRA POINTS. ATTWOOD, EMILY // Athletic Business;Sep2013, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p15
This section offers news briefs related to the U.S. athletic businesses as of September 2013. The largest man-made outdoor rock climbing structure was completed by Eldorado Climbing Walls in Mount Hope, West Virginia. Anytime Fitness was recognized by the International Health, Racquet and...
- Health club craze pumps up fitness accessory business. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/22/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the increase in health club membership in the United States and the sales growth of fitness equipment and related accessories. Why health club memberships are demand indicator for fitness equipment; How to capitalize on these trends.
- A Strenuous Exercise. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Oct2004, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on reasons behind the low sales trend in the fitness equipment segment of the U.S. sporting goods industry, as of October 2004. Role of infomercials in creating awareness for products in the fitness category; Effect of an increase in the price of steel on fitness equipment sales; Impact...
- The New VersaClimber Anything Else Is A Step Behind. // Club Industry (07478283);Apr2003, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p84
Provides information on the VersaClimber 108 CM, the ideal upper and lower body cardio piece, from Versa Climber. Benefits of the revolutionary design of the 108 CM; List of other module features.