Quiksilver and DC Strike a Deal
- Quiksilver Purchase DC Shoes. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/9/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the acquisition of DC Shoes Co. by Quiksilver Inc. in California. Amount gained by DC Shoes founder Ken Block; Sales of the company from sports shoes.
- Crossover Action. Harmon, Andrew // DNR: Daily News Record;8/18/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p32
The article offers information about DC Shoes Inc. in Los Angeles, California. It states that the company was considered to be king of the skate park and it has ventured into a new apparel beyond active sports which led to an increase in their revenue to $350 million in 2007. The company is seen...
- Quiksilver's Other Revival Project: DC Shoes. Bellantonio, Jennifer // Orange County Business Journal;6/19/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the business condition of Quiksilver Inc., a newcomer in the shoe business in Huntington Beach, California. The company paid around $100 million for Vista-based DC Shoes Co. in 2004, which doubled the income and made the surfwear a contender in the skateboarding shoes...
- Week in Review. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p7
Reports business developments in California as of March 2004. Acquisition bid of Quiksilver Inc. for DC Shoes; Corporate profits of Titan Corp.; Optimism in the U.S. economic growth.
- Quiksilver Heads for the Hills. Tschorn, Adam // DNR: Daily News Record;3/28/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the Groupe Rossignol SA of France acquired by Huntington Beach, California-based surf company Quicksilver Inc. on itself. Value of the agreement for the surf company; Advantages of the acquisition to the surf company; Similarity of the deal with the purchase of Vista,...
- Quiksilver, DC Moving Fast. Niemi, Wayne // FN: Footwear News;5/2/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 18, p4
Presents an update on the integration of Quiksilver and DC one year after its merger in May 2005. Efforts to improve the footwear line of Quiksilver; Contribution of Quiksilver to the apparel offering of DC for the fall; Other acquisitions made by Quiksilver.
- Analysts: Timberland Sale in Doubt. Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;1/22/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p24
The article deals with the potential sale of Timberland Co. In mid-November 2006, there were rumors that the company was exploring a sale. Potential buyers such as private equity on the financial side and perhaps V.F. Corp. or Nike Inc. Powerhouse investment bank Goldman Sachs is believed to...
- Stepping out. Laschinger, Kirsty // Finance Week;4/13/2005, p73
This article reports that the market was somewhat bemused by AVI's recently announced acquisition of branded footwear buyer/retailer A&D Spitz. AVI MD Angus Band says that semidurables are a natural evolution for the brand's portfolio. He's forthright regarding the fact that there are few...
- Charles Jourdan Sale Falls Through. Foreman, Katya // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/19/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 107, p9
The article reports that the French footwear brand Charles Jourdan is once again up for sale after the failure of its acquisition by Finzurich. Executive Jean-Claude Paolini is optimistic that a new buyer will be found. The assets of Charles Jourdan will be auctioned off at a public sale...