Speedo Takes the Plunge With Fastskin II Suits
- Speedo Launches Swimwear Line For Olympic Class. Monget, Karyn // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/10/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 49, p2
Reports on Speedo's launch of its Fastskin FSII swimwear line for Olympic athletes in New York City. Presence of athletes Michael Phelps, Jenny Thompson, Amanda Beard and Lenny Krayzelberg at the launch; Company's claim that the line increases speed by reducing drag; Technology behind the...
- THE STUFF OF ATHENS. Esty, Jennifer // Fast Company;Aug2004, Issue 85, p33
This section presents technology-powered sporting goods that can help sports-oriented people perform like an Olympian. Speedo teamed with shark researchers, Hollywood special-effects experts, and Formula One software providers to produce the FastSkin FSII, a swimsuit it says cuts drag by up to...
- Making waves. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on the new high-performance sportswear introduced by several sporting goods industries. Information on the company Speedo's LZR Racer swimwear is presented, which the company claims to be the world's first fully bonded swimsuit that is ultrasonically welded. Nike Inc.'s Zoom...
- SPEEDO'S MARKETING STRATEGY: FROM BOTTOM TO TOP. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 13, WWD Milestone p14
Looks into the marketing strategy employed by Speedo in promoting its swimwear. Training of prospective champions in water sports; Designing and supplying federations and teams around the world with swimwear; Endorsement of top athletes; Focus on fabric development; Advertising in magazines and...
- Celebrating No. 75. Morales, Tito // Swimming World & Junior Swimmer;Apr2003, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p25
The article focuses on the contributions of swimsuit manufacturer Speedo for its 75 years of contributions to the sport of swimming.
- TIMELINE. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 13, WWD Milestone p4
Presents pertinent dates pertaining to the history of swimwear manufacturer Speedo. Formation of the firm in 1937; Turnover of manufacturing to war production 1939-45; Consolidation in Australia and in other areas.
- THROUGH THE YEARS. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/18/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 13, WWD Milestone p6
Profiles swimwear manufacturer Speedo. Brief history; Worldwide market; Wholesale volume; International market; Innovative swimwear line.
- SPEEDO Takes To The Ice. // Textile World;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p44
The article features the Fastskin FSII Ice speed suit developed by Speedo International company. The speed suit was designed to meet the needs of skeleton, bobsled and luge athletes. The company claims that the aerodynamic features of Speedo Fastskin FSII swimsuit were combined with...
- Battle of the Bulge. A.R. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2004, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p72
Looks on the demand for men's briefs in the United States. Sales performance of Speedo swimsuit; Swimmers' use of suits cut like cycling shorts; Other companies offering briefs.