Out of the Frying Pan
- Just for Feet Case Closes. Sargent, Lydia // FN: Footwear News;5/2/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 18, p24
Reports on the closing of the U.S. government investigation of investor fraud committed by executives at Just for Feet in April 2005. Declaration of the punishment of former CEO Don-Allen Ruttenberg on April 22; Agreement of Deloitte & Touche to settle on the charges by the Securities and...
- Siemens black money payments exceeded $1.4B, report claims. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;8/20/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 34, p13
The article reports on the amount of illicit payments made at German technology giant Siemens AG. A law firm hired by the company to investigate on the scandal has discovered the illicit payments made at Siemen's highest ranks exceeded $1.4 billion. The reported amount of money uncovered in the...
- Spy game. Francis, Steven; Talwar, Rakhi // Lawyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p23
Provides tips on how to avoid headline-grabbing corporate scandals concerning white-collar crime in Great Britain. Range of specialist skills required by internal investigations; Adoption of a fast-track approach to internal investigations; Implications on lawyers and law firms.
- Payment of Pre-petition Unsecured Trade Claims During a Chapter 11 Case: Elevating the Priority... Nathan, Bruce S. // Business Credit;Apr2000, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p13
Reports that certain circumstances lend support for a United States bankruptcy court's reliance on the necessity doctrine to approve the payment of pre-petition unsecured claims during a debtor's Chapter 11 case. Includes suppliers' threat to hamper a reorganization; Agreement to continue...
- Combatting corporate terrorism. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the prevalence of terrorism against companies and corporate executives in the United States. Common cases of terrorism; Examples of criminal incidences in the United States; Protection strategies; Disgruntled employees as the mind behind the crimes.
- Corruption Risk Down Under. Holbrook, Emily // Risk Management (00355593);Nov2012, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p44
The article provides the author's view concerning issues on bribery and corruption risk in Australia and New Zealand.
- Will the Election Results Bring 'Certainty?' Heffes, Ellen M. // Financial Executive;Nov2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses items in the issue, including profiles of exemplary financial executives, information about preparation of financial statements, and an article on white-collar crime.
- Handling Criminal Investigations. Attanasio, Michael A. // Financial Executive;Dec2008, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p56
The article presents advice to financial executives on coping with criminal investigations involving the executive's own conduct. Avoid saying or doing anything impulsive or provocative during the investigation. Remember that in-house counsel represents the firm, and consider retaining your own...
- GET WITH THE FREAKS. Twitchell, James B. // Advertising Age's Creativity;Apr2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p42
Comments on the legal dispute between Just for Feet Inc. and Saatchi & Saatchi Advertising. Just for Feet's filing of a lawsuit against the agency for running a politically incorrect television advertisement; Description of the commercial.