Crosstown Traffic Jam
- SBDC helps small business locate investors. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p25
Reports on the growth of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in New York. Assistance of SBDC for small businesses to locate investors; Importance of small businesses to the economy; History of the group.
- Care needed investing overseas. // Choice;May2004, p32
Focuses on the warning issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) for investors about investing overseas. Guidelines issued by ASIC on investing overseas; Advantage of investing through a business licensed in Australia; Significance of checking the prospect country...
- Investors Buy a Michigan Bank. Reosti, John // American Banker;8/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 157, p20
Reports that North Country Financial Corp. of Michigan has agreed to recapitalize itself by selling millions in stock to an investor group, which will give the group control of the company. Role of the current president and chief executive, C. James Bess, after the takeover; Details of the...
- BACK TO BASICS. Lewis, Latif; Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p42
Provides tips on approaching venture capitalists during lean times, shared by National Association of Investment Companies members. Information on developing a business model; Signs of a solid management team; Factors to consider before presenting a business proposal to financiers.
- Detroit-focused funds grouped. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;4/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p3
The article informs that an umbrella organization called Invest Detroit has been created by Detroit Investment Fund and Business Leaders for Michigan to spur development in Michigan and coordinate investing by six community development funds. David Blaszkiewicz, who had been president of the...
- The trend is still your friend. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/8/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 19, p3
The article analyzes the sentiment on market trends and its underlying effects on investors. If the trend on the market is going higher, one can assume that the majority money opinion expects an improving investment environment according to the Dow Theory. With regards to sentiment on the market...
- THE WEEKS AHEAD. Pasquarelli, Adrianne // Crain's New York Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p32
The article presents a calendar of events related to business in New York City. Young Mortgage Bankers Association will hold a lunch program on out-of-town investors on April 11, 2006 at the Union League Club. U.S. General Services Administration will hold workshop on how to obtain a GSA federal...
- Earning Your Wings. Dahl, Darren // Inc.;Jan2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p40
Offers insights for start-up businesses on gaining the financial support of angel investors in the U.S. Basis of the investors' decisions; Expected return on investments by angel investors; Significance of the Angel Capital Association launched by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation to start-ups.
- FMI Weighs Selling Stake In Its Annual Conference. Merrefield, David; Veiders, Christina; Hamstra, Mark // SN: Supermarket News;5/9/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the consideration by the Food Marketing Institute (FMI) of partnering with an investor to run its annual trade conference in Chicago, Illinois in 2005. Impact of an equity partner on the growth of the show; Provision by companies of outsourced management for trade associations;...