TNT Readies NBA Marketing Campaign
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- TOP 25 CABLE NETWORKS. // Advertising Age;6/9/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 23, pS-14
A list of the top cable television networks in the United States based on advertising revenue in 2002 is presented. The top-ranked cable television networks include ESPN and Nickelodeon. The financial performance of the cable networks are cited, as well the listing's implications for cable...
- G4 widens playing field for advertisers. Williamson, Debra Aho // Advertising Age;6/10/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 23, ps14
The article features the cable television network G4 and its efforts to lobby advertisers in the U.S. in 2002. Key issues discussed include the number of subscribers of G4 and its plans to expand its operations, as well as the financial backing of the cable television network by Comcast Corp....
- Hopkins Welcomes HBO PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p2
Reports the successful opening of Home Box Office Pay Per View (PPV) via the fight of boxer Felix Trinidad Bernard Hopkins. Delay of the fight; Pursuit for PPV events in lighter weight classes for 2002; Significance of the event.
- PPV rematch falls short. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the sales performance of pay-per-view (PVV) television company TVKO's broadcast of the November 13, 1999, boxing bout between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. Decrease in number of viewers compared to the boxers' March 1999 bout; Background on the PPV market's financial...
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- Ski Channel in '08. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;4/30/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p28
The article reports that Steve Bellamy, founder of the cable television network The Tennis Channel, has signed an agreement with Time Warner Cable to carry his latest project, the Ski Channel, beginning in 2008. The Ski Channel's status as a digital on-demand channel is noted. Bellamy claims 90...
- Sky's answer to channel hopping causes a furore. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;09/10/99, Issue 36, p20
Reports on Great Britain-based television network Sky Sports' revision of its policy for advertisement breaks during the broadcast of the `Gillette Soccer Saturday' television program. Network's showing of game results during advertisement breaks; Advertisers' reactions to the network's policy.
- Late Breaking News. // Cable World (10427228);8/25/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p5
Presents updates on cable television industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Resignation of Kim Kelly at Insight Communications; Findings of a survey of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscription; Information on a promotion of TBS cable network for its television coverage of college...