To Swim for 20 More Shows
- BUDGET BALLOON RIDE. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;5/19/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the increase of licence fee costs in television shows in the U.S. According to Mark Pedowitz of Touchstone, there is an increase in costs that is becoming more dangerous. In this respect, the studios are searching for alternative revenue streams in recovering their...
- Int'l biz seeks hit parade. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;5/19/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the annual L. A. Screenings which offer various television shows to the foreign television stations program buyers. The acquisitions executives from television stations are hoping to bring out another television series "Lost," or a least few shows with sustainable...
- CBS basking in reality heat. Kissel, Rick // Daily Variety;7/14/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the performance of CBS in television broadcasting in the U.S. Factors contributing to the improved performance of the television company; Rating of its television programs; Developments in the network's television shows.
- Running TV biz by remote control. Perebinossoff, Philippe // Daily Variety;3/3/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 48, p27
Comments on the defective management of television programming by executives of various networks in the U.S. Issues raised on the trends seen in television shows; Actions to be taken by the networks in order to improve television programming; Problems seen on the management of the stations.
- Can new 'Lost' be found? Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;5/19/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 35, pA1
The article reports on the foreign television (TV) program buyers who attend in the L. A. Screenings that are aiming to buy new American series for their TV stations. Among on their list are likely to be hour dramas such as "The Nine," "Shark," and "The Black Donnelys." The prices paid for the...
- Getting ready for Fall TV shows. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;7/25/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the launch of television stations of their television programming in Tucson, Arizona. Broadcasting of talk shows of Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey; Changes to the time slots allocated to the programs; Plan of airing the program of Martha Stewart.
- In 1st Year, Local People Meters Boost Hearst's WCVB, Cable. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;5/26/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p12
Deals with the success of the first year of deployment of local people meters (LPM) in Boston, Massachusetts to measure local television (TV) audiences. Significance of LPM to WCVB TV station; Disadvantage of not signing on for LPM; List of TV stations which refused to sign on for LPM.
- Playing for laughs. Boland, Michaela // Variety;6/2/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the comedy television programs of television stations in Australia as of June 2, 2003. Factors that influence the success of comedy programs; Audience rating of 'Enough Rope With Andrew Denton' and Micallef Tonight.'
- FTA starts the year early. Alarcon, Camille // B&T Weekly;1/28/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2504, p7
Reports on the competition in the programming of commercial television networks in time for the new rating season in Australia. Expectation of the Seven Network to draw success from its showing of the U.S. hit "Desperate Housewives"; Presentation of reality/talent show genre in the programming...