From 'Pariah' to Prestige Player
- N enrolls pair in 'Boarding' Dempsey, John; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;9/21/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 55, p4
Reports on the telecast of the television series "Boarding School" by Viacom Inc.'s the N cable network in the U.S. Concept of the program; Co-production of the program by MarVista Entertainment, David Brookwell, and Sean McNamara; Estimated cost of license fees.
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- TNN Looks to Get Bounce From Animated Series. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Deals with the changes in the programming line up of TNN as of April 2002. Budget spent on program acquisitions and development; Demographics targeted by the cable network; Information on the animated series lined up in TNN.
- Constat Stands Up for Comedy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the development of the television program 'Comcast Comedy Spotlight: Road Trip 2002,' as of April 2002. Average rating of Comcast's special programming in 2001; Itineraries of the road trip.
- History's Revamp Includes Themed Nights. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plans of The History Channel to launch several new series and specials within primetime blocks in order to create thematic destinations and increase its appeal to younger viewers. These are the first major programming initiatives for the network since former A&E...
- New Nets Take Field During National Show. Applebaum, Simon; Moss, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p6
The article focuses on the National Show, an annual event of the U.S. cable broadcasting industry, to be held at Chicago, Illinois, in June 2003. The event will see an increase in the number of new cable network companies. The independent, general-entertainment service is currently negotiating...
- HGTV plans 13 new series for upcoming season. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/13/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plans of Home & Garden Television to expand its original programming efforts by 25% and introduce 13 series during the 2001-02 season. Launch of its new season on October 2001; Television programs to be broadcast.