From 'Pariah' to Prestige Player
- N enrolls pair in 'Boarding' Dempsey, John; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;9/21/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 55, p4
Reports on the telecast of the television series "Boarding School" by Viacom Inc.'s the N cable network in the U.S. Concept of the program; Co-production of the program by MarVista Entertainment, David Brookwell, and Sean McNamara; Estimated cost of license fees.
- Trio picks up 'I, Claudius'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1A
Focuses on several television program broadcasting rights purchased by the cable television network Trio. Programming schedule for the television mini-series 'I, Claudius'; Commissioning of a one-hour documentary for the broadcast of the 1998 movie 'Elizabeth.'
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...
- TNN Looks to Get Bounce From Animated Series. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Deals with the changes in the programming line up of TNN as of April 2002. Budget spent on program acquisitions and development; Demographics targeted by the cable network; Information on the animated series lined up in TNN.
- BRIEF. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of April 22, 2002. Carriage agreement between Fine Living and National cable Television Cooperative; Decision of Bravo to dedicate the entire month of May 2002 to programming about Broadway theater.
- Constat Stands Up for Comedy. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Deals with the development of the television program 'Comcast Comedy Spotlight: Road Trip 2002,' as of April 2002. Average rating of Comcast's special programming in 2001; Itineraries of the road trip.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...