From 'Pariah' to Prestige Player
- N enrolls pair in 'Boarding' Dempsey, John; Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;9/21/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 55, p4
Reports on the telecast of the television series "Boarding School" by Viacom Inc.'s the N cable network in the U.S. Concept of the program; Co-production of the program by MarVista Entertainment, David Brookwell, and Sean McNamara; Estimated cost of license fees.
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign (UK);11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- Trio picks up 'I, Claudius'. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1A
Focuses on several television program broadcasting rights purchased by the cable television network Trio. Programming schedule for the television mini-series 'I, Claudius'; Commissioning of a one-hour documentary for the broadcast of the 1998 movie 'Elizabeth.'
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- History's Revamp Includes Themed Nights. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plans of The History Channel to launch several new series and specials within primetime blocks in order to create thematic destinations and increase its appeal to younger viewers. These are the first major programming initiatives for the network since former A&E...
- Our town. Larson, Megan // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p34
Discusses how regional cable news networks compete with broadcast television networks in the United States. NY1 News as a source for the national network television drama series `NYPD Blue'; Audience share of local broadcast news; Flexibility offered by regional news networks; Strategies for...
- HGTV plans 13 new series for upcoming season. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/13/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the plans of Home & Garden Television to expand its original programming efforts by 25% and introduce 13 series during the 2001-02 season. Launch of its new season on October 2001; Television programs to be broadcast.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...