The Emmy Fortune Tellers
- Untitled. Smith, Eeric J. // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p34
This article presents the author Eeric J. Smith's comments on the Emmy awards. This year, the sitcom field is saying goodbye to several long-running and well-respected shows like Sex and the City, Friends and Frasier. I knew the exit of that trio was sure to play a big role in voters' choices,...
- CARY BROKAW: ANGEL OF 'ANGELS IN AMERICA'. Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p6
Features the cable television program "Angels in America," produced by Cary Brokaw. Awards received by the program as of March 2004; Career background of Brokaw.
- 'SOPRANOS' HITS A HIGH NOTE. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;9/20/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 54, p1
Reports on the award won by the television programs "The Sopranos" for drama series and "Arrested Development" for comedy series at the Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California. Number of trophies received by Home Box Office cable network including the drama series; Praises given to "Angels in...
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.
- Cable Nets Offer Super Alternatives. Umsted, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p54
Reports that U.S. cable television networks will offer non-sports fans a series of films, specials and events programmed against the CBS telecast of the Super Bowl game on February 1, 2004. Impact of counter-programming efforts on Super Bowl viewership; Networks involved in the move; Shows...