Cable Touts Its On-Air Diversity
- Going Up Against Mother Nature. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p26
Reports on the challenges being faced by the television subscription business of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Services offered by Comcast to customers; Information on the business operations of Comcast in Spokane, Washington; Sources of Comcast's revenue streams. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Cable TV rates to rise. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/9/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 25, pA2
Reports on the announcement made by Comcast on the increase in its cable television rates in Spokane, Washington beginning January 2005.
- Diversity Reigns in The Pacific Northwest. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p48
Reports on Comcast Corporation's cable system in Seattle, Washington. Characteristics that make Seattle stand out from the other top markets in the U.S.; Information on the Korean channel offered by Comcast; Cost of cable ads. INSETS: COMCAST;MEET THE OPERATOR;Comcast Seattle Scarborough...
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television broadcasting as of September 2005. Comcast will add AZN to its channel line-up in the Washington D.C. metro area by the end of September 2005. The Ultimate Shopping Network has expanded its broadcast to 24 hours daily on DirectTV.
- Current Status of Cable Television in the Top-400 Broadcast Markets. Kaplan, Stuart J. // Journalism Quarterly;Summer78, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p251
Explores the status of cable television in top-100 broadcast markets in the U.S. Potential of cable television for substantially increasing the quantity and variety of information and entertainment available in the home; Examination of the development of regulations by the Federal Communications...
- Discovery bullish on ad-cable. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/8/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 5, p6
Reports that Discovery predicted another bullish year for ad-supported cable in the 2005-06 season. Estimates on the net worth of business that will shift from broadcast television to cable; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on cable television and television...
- Just like homemade. Reveron, Derek // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p66
Reports on the efforts of Miami, Florida-based pay television networks serving the Latin American market to transmit original programming. Factors for the congregation of Latin American cable companies to Miami; Programming improvements by GEMS, CTG, Discovery Networks Latin America/Iberia and...
- Cable Ã la carte: Pay per channel. // Consumer Reports;Jun2004, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p61
Asserts that television cable companies are price-gouging and underserving consumers in the U.S. Annual increases of cable television service payments experienced by cable consumers; Suggested solution to the problem; Views of the Consumers Union.
- Dutch lead European cable penetration. // Advertising Age;4/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 17, pI-36
The article presents a graph highlighting the percentage of European television households that are subscribing to cable. The graph shows that Netherlands is the number one country in terms of the number of households with cable television subscription.