Bells Back DOJ's 'Brand X' Appeal
- SBC, VERIZON EXECS SAY '05 WILL BRING BIG START IN VIDEO. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the entry of SBC Communications Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. into the pay-TV business in 2005. Information on U-Verse, a new brand moniker for the Internet protocol vision of SBC; Amount of money to be spent on the LightSpeed fiber-to-the-node build and Internet protocol...
- Verizon Cuts DSL Costs in 25 States, D.C. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p16
Reports that the Verizon Communications' Verizon Online has reduced the cost of entry for digital-subscriber-line (DSL) customers in several states in the United States. Free modem or connection fee to individuals who self-installs; Percentage of customers who requested the self-installation...
- The set-top box: The hub of the networked home. Trott, Andy // World Broadcast Engineering;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p12
Features the digital set-top box (DSTB) data communication systems in Great Britain. Capabilities of the system; Link between the service provider and the consumer to deliver digital television services in the home; Impact of the system to home entertainment and communication.
- Digital Television Is Here And It Is Looking Good. Fritts, Eddie O. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on the development of digital television (DTV) in the United States. Emphasis of the transition from analog to DTV; Inclusion of the investment from equipment and transmission facilities; Accessibility of digital programming.
- Opportunistic data broadcast. Kokaska, Fred // TVB Europe;Oct2000, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p42
Reports on the growing interest of broadcasters to incorporate data into a digital television stream. Factors influencing the trend; Types of services which offer packaged data delivery in a digital television transport; Advancements in compression technology.
- TV Over Copper: Telcos Get in the Game. Durando, Ronald A. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p90
Comments on telephone companies' delivery of digital television services over copper. Cable providers' introduction of always-on Internet service; Development of digital video and data delivery system based on rate adaptive digital subscriber line; Chance for customers to allocate dynamically...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // TVB Europe;Nov2010, p24
The article offers news briefs related to broadcasting in Europe including digital television software company Logiways SA's integration of a light internet access solution Push-VoD 2.0 solution, the appointment of VAR Network to develop and manage European dealer network by Oasys Technology,...
- PSIP: Looking for answers. Saladin, Jim; Kutzner, James A.; Macher, Jean // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2000, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p36
Presents views of experts on Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP), standard for carriage of basic information required within digital television transport stream. Information on the tables which carry PSIP data; Percentage of PSIP bandwidth if the Event Information Table is empty;...
- BellSouth launches wireless cable. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p7
Focuses on BellSouth's November 1997 entry into the wireless cable television market with the launch of a 166-channel digital system serving the New Orleans market in Louisiana. Background on the BellSouth service; Use of Zenith's digital set-top boxes developed for the Americast consortium;...