More Asian Fare for International
- ITC slams ITV for narrow peaktime output. // Marketing Week;5/7/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the lack of diversity within the peaktime schedule for the ITV cable television network, with reference to a report by the International Television Commission. Identification of what the report outlines; Information from the report.
- STRIKE UP THE TURNER BRANDS. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;3/2/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the preparation of TBS for the network's relaunch in the U.S. Meeting of the network's executives with the journalists to give them a preview of the network's programming; Plan of the network to shift into comedy; Programming budget allocated by the network for 2005.
- Brand new world in U.K. Boehm, Erich // Variety;02/02/98, Vol. 369 Issue 12, p24
Focuses on television programs in Great Britain. Debut of the program `Perfect Day' at BBC; Details on the aggressive promotional campaign of Channel 5; Viewer share of the Discovery Channel; High-rating program shown at ITV.
- Midseason Wisdom. Adalian, Josef; Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The article reveals that new television shows struggle in the 2009 ratings trends. A&E's "The Beast" opened with lower-than-expected numbers, and TNT's heavily promoted premiere of "Trust Me" held onto just 40% of its lead-in from "The Closer." On the other hand, established successes on both...
- CBS Posting Strong Growth. Consoli, John; Larson, Megan; Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;05/14/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p8
Reports the ratings of several television (TV) networks in the United States as of May 9, 2001, with emphasis on CBS as the leading network according to Nielsen Media Research. Main contenders in household ratings; Programs of CBS that contributed to its ratings; Growth of Cartoon Network...
- Discovery net gets the travel bug. Osborne, Magz // Variety;06/04/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the decision of Discovery Networks Asia to add another channel called Discovery Travel & Adventure. Problems faced by television networks in terms of advertising; Advantage of cheap travel market in the region to television production; Target viewers of the channel.
- VH1 gives celebs 15 mins. Martin, Denise // Variety;9/12/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 4, p24
This article focuses on the efforts by the VH1 television network to improve its programming. With the help of some celebrities the network has finally emerged from the shadow of the MTV network. Energized by the success of Celebreality Sundays--a block of programming dedicated to documentary...
- And Fox created woman: Seehorn spells 'Eva'. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;1/14/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that Fox Television Stations Inc. network has casted actress Rhea Seehorn in the title role of its hourlong pilot television program "Eva Adams," based on the Argentinean telenovela "Lalola." The program is set at a sports agency and centers on actor Adam Evanson, an...
- 'Office' Set for 2009 Syndication. Benson, Jim; Grossman, Ben; Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;6/4/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution has made the comedy program "The Office" available for syndication beginning in the fall of 2009. There have been no syndication contracts reported signed for the program. Sources indicate that cable television networks and...