Cox, Sony Hit a High-Def Home Run
- HDTV steps up to the microphone. Dunford, Keith // Satellite Communications;Apr99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p38
Describes the high definition television (HDTV). How HDTV was brought to the market; Information on HDTV programming; Improvements from digital television.
- DTV's fall from grace. // CED;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the issues that have led to the demise of the digital broadcast television (DTV) business. Evolution of high definition television into the DTV; Reasons for the withdrawal by television receiver manufacturers of planned product introductions; Money issue in converting into radio...
- customer driven? Nixon, Neil // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 40, p5
Comments on the introduction of high definition television (HDTV) in the broadcasting industry in Europe. Actions that will taken by broadcasters to successfully introduce HDTV; Role that will be given to broadcasters regarding programming; Target date of the introduction of HDTV.
- Japanese look for HDTV fare. Herskovitz, Jon // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, pM32
Deals with high definition television (TV) programming in Japan. Penetration of digital TV in Japanese households; Consolidation in the TV industry of Japan; Percentage of foreign TV programs in Japan.
- Cable Ops, Programmers Ready for High-Definition. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/16/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 24, p3
Cable executives at the Chicago, Illinois convention said it is important to be ready for the eventual boom of high definition television (HDTV). Cable operators are increasingly ready to deliver HDTV to subscribers, and programmers like Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) and...
- Cox Las Vegas Pushes Retail Buttons. Stump, Matt // Broadcasting & Cable;9/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 38, pS20
Reports on the high definition television (HDTV) deployment of Cox Cable system in Las Vegas, Nevada. Equipment used by Cox in the deployment; HDTV programs offered by the cable channel; Retail model of Cox.
- Cutting edge. Anderson // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p41
Highlights developments in the broadcast television and cable television industry. Includes the joint venture of Discovery Channel and Sony in the production of the Discovery Channel Eco-Challenge endurance race; Launch of the Loral Skynet's Telstar 7 satellite; Norway's Tandberg Television's...
- ROUTING. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p76
Focuses on the necessary considerations for upgrading, expanding and replacing an existing routing system. Data rates that need to be supported; Considerations that affected the transition to a digital/high-definition television (HDTV) infrastructure; Methods for customers to bring HD into the...
- CONVERSION PRODUCTS. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p96
Discusses how television broadcast facilities can evolve into building a high-definition facility while preserving future options for digital television production and origination. Disadvantages of remaining in SD only; Elements for building a classic hybrid infrastructure.