N.Y. Panel Observes Latino Buying Power
- Discop '98 hungry for U.S. programs. Nadler, John; Meils, Cathy // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on price commanded by United States (US) program sellers at Discop '98 in Hungary. Details on the prices of US television programs; Comment from Patrick Jucaud of Discop '98; Deals offered by US sellers.
- Euro buyers seek out quality programming. Boehm, Erich // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the emphasis on quality programming of European buyers in the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows. Comments from European buyers; Trends in British television production; Production budget at Channel 4; Implication of the maturation of television channels.
- Latin buyers prepare for program shopping spree. Sutter, Mary // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p44
Looks at the significance of the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows, as a TV market for Latin America. Information on Multivision, a Mexican cabler to attend the 1998 event; Comments from Ignacio Duran of TV Azteca; Other benefits of the L.A. Screenings; Changes in Columbia's...
- Deals bop at Discop East. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/28/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 60, p4
The article reports on the closure of NATPE's 18th Discop East, the Central and Eastern Europe's premier television programming market.
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT? Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;10/6/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the goal of U.S. seller to earn $1.5 million an episode for one of its new shows at Mipcom 2006, the international film and program market for television, video, cable and satellite in Cannes, France. Mouse House mavens are banking on their telenovela-inspired "Ugly...
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- WHITE BREAD. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;4/17/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the move to modify the misleading image of white bread America and project the reality of a diverse racial, ethnic, linguistic, religious and sexual landscape in the worldwide broadcasting and entertainment industry. In Mexico, Televisa telenovela featured an indigenous...
- Digital youth define new face of Disney. Fernandez, Joe // Marketing Week;1/28/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
The article highlights Disney Channel's updating of its marketing, through hit shows like Hannah Montana, to match the interests of digitally aware young audiences.
- Czech casters find that H'w'd has lost its glitter. Meils, Cathy // Variety;09/28/98, Vol. 372 Issue 7, pM22
Reports on the search of Czech programmers for the mid-sized locally made hits that keep viewers tuning in. Reason for the move; Details on the three broadcasters that are staking out their separate target audiences.