Comcast Readies Hispanic VOD
- Comcast Drops Guide From 11 N.J. Systems. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p14
Reports the elimination of the cable television print program guides of Comcast Corp. in Jersey City, New Jersey. Reason for the elimination of the print guides; Overview on the publication of the print guides; Replacement with the electronic programming guides of Gemstar-TV Guide International...
- Operators Sprinkle Hispanic Packages With Foreign Nets. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);3/31/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p7
Reports that Comcast will launch another Hispanic package with more Spanish-language networks from abroad. Television programs to be added in the network's Hispanic package; Criteria set by network aggregator Condista for the network it chooses; Increase in launches of Spanish package of...
- A Love Affair for Latino Viewers. Morales, Magaly // Broadcasting & Cable;1/9/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the growing popularity of Spanish language television plays. A percentage of Telemundo's revenues come from commercials within telenovelas. Several television networks are already producing telenovelas. Some factors contribute to the increase in ratings of Spanish language...
- 8-Year-Old CN8 Won't Stop at 8 Million. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p14
Deals with the continuous expansion of cable operator Comcast Network in October 2004. Percentage of cable subscribers from Washington, D.C., New England, New Jersey and Pennsylvania; Additions to the television programs aired by the operator; Investments in local programming shows in Denver,...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p24
Present news briefs on cable television programming as of March 15, 2004. Broadcast of the Champ Car World Series by Spike TV; Ratings garnered by the fifth-season premiere of the show "The Sopranos" on HBO; Inclusion of "The Tennis Channel" in the Atlanta, Georgia-area subscribers of Comcast Corp.
- GONE WITH THE WINDS. CARSON, TOM // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2015, p92
The article discusses about television programs of the 1980's and how they have changed now and today the shows one identifes with mainly reflect how privileged or not one is.
- "TV: The Global Wasteland.". // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct1977, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p96
This article discusses then article "TV: The Global Wasteland," an Atlas Report which was published in the July 1977 issue of the "Atlas World Press Review." In France, family dependence on television (TV) had reached such proportions that one has the impression that a broken TV is more serious...
- BORDER CROSSINGS. Ben-Yehuda, Ayala // Billboard;10/24/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 42, p25
The article reports on Mexican entertainment television in the U.S. Grupo Multimedios brought its TeleRitmo regional Mexican music video channel to U.S. cable systems in 2008. TuTV was part of Comcast Corp.'s launch of 13 Spanish-language channels in August 2009 in San Francisco, California....
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;1/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p2
This article reports on the launch of the sports TV program "SportsNet NY" from Comcast and Time Warner on March 16, 2006. It offers information on the initial episode of the TV program.