Burke: New Channels Are on the Way
- ABC Stations Wary Of Comcast 'Lifeline' Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to enter the television broadcasting industry. Proposal of Comcast to take over the control of ABC Television Network and its local owned-and-opeated stations; Significance of the deal; Problems predicted by ABC affiliate under Comcast management.
- TECHTV GETS REBOOT Comcast to merge Allen's channel with G4. Amdur, Meredith; Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/29/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 58, p4
Reports on the expectation for the acquisition of TechTV by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Effort of the company to boost its programming assets; Merger of TechTV with the company's G4 channel; Plan for the development of original programming of the combined television networks.
- Comcast Says: We're Helping Parents. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;5/3/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p118
Deals with the effort of Comcast Corp. to block television programming inappropriate for children in the U.S. Details of the request made by Comcast Cable President Stephen Burke to Federal Communications Chairman Michael Powell; Installation of a toll-free line by the company for consumers;...
- Comcast expands cable service in Spokane area. Brandler, Emily // Journal of Business (10756124);12/22/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that the Philadelphia-based Comcast Corp. has bought the cable TV system that serves Airway Heights and Fairchild Air Force Base from Laurel, Montana-based Cable Montana LLC, and is upgrading that network to include services such as high-definition and on-demand programming....
- Comcast's Eye on Disney Proves Content Again King. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p35
Examines the implication of Comcast Corporation's bid to acquire Walt Disney Corp. for cable operators. Opinion of analyst Michael Goodman on the purpose of Comcast's move; Impact of the deal's completion; Speculations on how other content and distribution companies will respond to the deal in...
- Comcast in Talks To Buy E! Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the plan of cable television company Comcast Corp. to acquire the remaining stocks of E! Entertainment Television from partner Walt Disney Corp. Benefits of the acquisition to Comcast; Performance of the television ratings of E!; Ownership of Comcast on E!.
- SUB TRACTION. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p1
Reports that Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-based multisystem operator Comcast Corp. achieved revenue growth during the second quarter of the year 2003. Role of acquisition of cable television company AT&T Broadband in growth of Comcast; Total television subscriber growth for the company during the...
- Comcast Stays on the Line In Dropping Its Bid for Disney. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the decision of cable television company Comcast Corp. to drop its acquisition bid for Walt Disney Co. as of June 2004. Reason for dropping the deal; Factors that affect the deal; Opportunities for Comcast and other cable businesses; Reason for the high percentage margin produced by...
- G4 Brand for Merged Nets. Hibberd, James // Television Week;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the acquisition of cable network TechTV by Comcast Corp. in March 2004. Worth of the acquisition deal; Plans of Comcast on integrating TechTV into its gamer network G4; Comments from Debra Green, G4 chief operating officer; Target demography of the merged network; Features of the...