Disney-ESPN Taps Affiliate Executives
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p36
Presents updates on personnel changes and upcoming events in the multichannel communication industry in the U.S. as of October 10, 2005. Promotion of Albert Cheng to executive vice president for digital media at Disney-ABC Television Group; Appointment of Jim Moloshok as president for media...
- DISNEY'S CHIEF STRATEGIST EXITS IN WAKE OF IGER HIKE. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p28
Announces that Peter Murphy, senior vice president and chief strategic officer at Walt Disney Co., will step down in October 2005. Plans of the company on the strategic planning activities of Murphy's group; Role played by Murphy in the company's acquisition activities.
- MOUSE-MENTUM. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;2/6/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 22, p1
The article focuses on the plans of Walt Disney Co. for 2013 as it reports decline in profit but increase in revenue at the start of fiscal 2013, which include the development of two "Star Wars" films.
- Expansion-land. Bulkeley, Andrew // Daily Variety;2005 Disneyland Turns 50, Vol. 287, p14
The article reports on the opening of the debut of Hong Kong Disneyland on September 12, 2005 on Lantau Island, China near the Chinese metropolis' new airport. It is Walt Disney Co.'s second Asian amusement park which will include the usual characters and castle. Guiding its launch will be 50...
- Dis-TWC get carriage deal done. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;9/3/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner Cable Inc., the U.S. second-largest cable operator, have signed a new long-term agreement.
- DISNEY, ADMIRA TEAM FOR LATIN TRAVEL. Sutter, Mary; Hopewell, John // Variety;1/28/2002, Vol. 385 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the creation of Miravista, a joint venture company between Disney and Admira. Goal of the company; Several television production alliances of Admira; Estimated budget for producing a film.
- Mouse. ESPN pnort pact. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;11/2/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 23, p18
Reports on the partnership deal between Walt Disney Television International Co. Latin America and ESPN Inc. Latin America in Miami, Florida.
- MAKING PARTNER. Joyce, Kathleen M. // Promo;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p30
Focused on several agreement involving Walt Disney Co. and other companies. Purpose of its strategic alliance with McDonalds Corp; Terms and conditions of its collaboration with cable network ESPN; Major companies Disney is interested in working with.
- VOD Moves Into Mouse House. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the decision of Walt Disney Co. to self-distribute the expanded video-on-demand (VOD) fare it will offer on VOD service of Verizon in the U.S. in November 2005. Plan of Disney to increase its VOD offerings according to Albert Cheng, executive vice president of digital media for...