THROUGH THE WIRE
- Even at HBO it's hip to hate crix. LOWRY, BRIAN // Daily Variety;5/9/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 27, p2
The article reports on the role of Kevin Dillon as Johnny Drama in the next episode of HBO's "Entourage" television program. The producers staged the sequence in the office of "The Daily Variety" periodical. They will return to shoot another scene in the office in their quest for authenticity....
- 'SOPRANOS' RETURN RAISES QUESTIONS. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p24
Highlights the last season of the TV program "The Sopranos," from Home Box Office. Details on the story of the last season of the TV program; Notable scenes in the last season of the TV program.
- 'Amazing' finale lifts CBS vs. fearsome Fox. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;5/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 30, p3
The article reports on CBS Broadcasting Inc.'s Emmy winner television program "The Amazing Race." After claiming its second consecutive Emmy trophy in the fall, the globetrotting unscripted skein gradually built upon its solid-but-unspectacular ratings during its winter and spring editions to...
- TROPHY'S CHOICE. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;2/18/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the plan for major changes of the Emmy Awards in the U.S. The television broadcasting awards show has taken on some adjustments to boost its telecast rating, which has sunk in recent years. Critics have proposed that the telecasting could only get back the audience's...
- RDF takes ITV1 to the altar for new daytime show. Creamer, Jonathan // Televisual;Feb2004, p9
Reports on RDF International's production of "Wedding Day", a new daytime show for ITV1. Concept of the show; Target audience; Persons behind the camera.
- 'ER' loses demo race to 'Trace' Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/10/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the rating of the television program "Without a Trace," of the Columbia Broadcasting System. Rank of the television program in the ratings of Nielsen; Comparison of the rating between television programs "Without a Trace" and "ER"; Increase in the rating of "Without a Trace."
- Iraq rechannels its battle fatigue. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on the status and developments in the television industry in Iraq. Proliferation of various media of entertainment in the country after the end of Saddam Hussein's regime; Remarks on the television programs in Iraqi television; Growth of the popularity of reality television programs.
- Less Lost Is More. Poniewozik, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);
The author reports on the fourth season of the television program "Lost." The way in which the decision to have a limited number of seasons impacted the show is mentioned. The impact which a strike by television writers in 2007-2008 had on the fourth season of the program is discussed. Plot...
- 'Masters' challenged for domain. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/6/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 46, pA12
The article focuses on the nominees for the non-fiction series category of the 2006 Emmy Awards. The nominees ranges from talk shows to real-life versions of "Law & Order." Bravo is hoping that its "Inside the Actors Studio" episode featuring comedian Dave Chappelle would win the Emmy. A&E has...