Kaitz Dinner Takes In $1.4M
- Al-Jazeera: media pariah or pioneer? Higgins, Jonathan // Satellite Broadband;Apr2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p20
Comments on Al-Jazeera, the Arabic television news channel covering the U.S. war on terrorism in Afghanistan. Origins of the news channel; Revenue sources of the channel; Relationship with Cable News Network; Allegations against Al-Jazeera.
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- DirecTV leads rapid ramp-up of digital channels. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;10/30/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 22, pA7
The article reports on United States cable and satellite television broadcasters' expansion of their digital channels. According to the author, DirecTV has initiated the trend by launching 72 national channels to increase its satellite coverage. Meanwhile, EchoStar's Dish Network has opened...
- Red, White & Brown. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p22
The article reports that cable operators and satellite services providers in the U.S. have stepped up their efforts to pick up new viewers from audiences that identify with almost any country other than the U.S. Cable operators have a leg up among African-Americans while satellite has shown...
- SAT SUBS MORE SATISFIED. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the increase of cable operators' video-on-demand and high speed data offerings to match the growth rate and consumer appeal of DBS rivals. Rate of cable compared to the satellite rates; Consumer satisfaction in satellite services; Criteria of greatest weight for customer satisfaction.
- Black Shopping Network moves into marketplace. // Advertising Age;5/30/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the expansion plans of Black Shopping Network, a cable home shopping service aimed at African-Americans in the U.S. Show features; Testing of satellite broadcasting of the show.
- Satellite TV comes down to earth. // Consumer Reports;Jul2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Compares the value of satellite dishes with that of cable television in the United States. Echostar; DirecTV; Quality of satellite programming; How to choose a satellite provider; Recommendations. INSET: Media giants clash, viewers suffer.
- Satellite and cable scrap for digital aud. Tillson, Tamsen // Variety;1/13/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on the market share growth of cable and satellite television in Canada as of January 2003. Issue pointed out by Bell Express Vu director of communications Ron MacInnes; Factors which may impede the growth of satellite programming in the country; TEchnoloigcal development concerning...
- Study Says Digital Won't Be That Big. // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p46
Reports on the digital-cable penetration forecast made by JupiterResearch in the U.S. in 2004. Increase in the number of digital-cable households; Expected percentage of cable customers to be taking DVR service; Rate of satellite TV customers who will be equipped with DVR.