Bully for HBO, Basic Nets Say
- Competish tries to clip 'Angels' wings. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;6/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 49, pA1
Analyzes the competition faced by the HBO miniseries "Angels in America" in the 2004 Emmy Awards. Expected dominant nominations to be received by the television program; Claims on the arrogance of HBO regarding the success of the series; Competition to be faced by the television program from...
- HBO Shines With Emmy Noms. // Back Stage;7/23/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 30, p38
Embracing everything from the supernatural fantasies of the television programs "Angels in America" and "Joan of Arcadia" to the down-and-dirty politics of "The Reagans" and "The Apprentice," voters at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences last week delivered an eclectic batch of nominees...
- CARY BROKAW: ANGEL OF 'ANGELS IN AMERICA'. Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;3/8/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p6
Features the cable television program "Angels in America," produced by Cary Brokaw. Awards received by the program as of March 2004; Career background of Brokaw.
- HBO Buzz Is Back With $60M Angels in America. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p26
Reports on the launch of the TV program "Angels in America" starring Al Pacino and Meryl Streep by HBO in December 2003. Budget for the production of the TV program; Significance of the TV program to HBO; Other shows lined up in 2004.
- The Emmy Fortune Tellers. Haljgsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p34
This article focuses on the television industry. The author says that in late summer, there's no more active sport in Hollywood than "guess the winners." Home Box Office must always climb uphill to get the dramatic, series trophy. Each of the broadcast networks has more voters, plus their shows...
- Cable nets score but newbies welcome. Stewart, Anna // Daily Variety;12/18/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 53, pA1
The article reports on the move of cable television networks to dominate the television category of the Golden Globe awards in the U.S. It notes that the networks have gained 35 nominations and outdistanced 17 nods notched by the broadcast networks. It cites the Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) ruled...
- Funny about HBO...it works. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;12/6/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 50, ps20
This article announces the selection of Home Box Office (HBO) as a runnerup for the Cable Marketer of the Year award given by Advertising Age in 1999. HBO rarely has had many successful television series at the same time, including The Sopranos, Arliss and Sex in the City. A teaser advertising...
- HBO BRINGS HOME 32 EMMYS. // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p61
The article reports that at TV's Emmy night, Home Box Office (HBO), the premium service, led the pack with 124 primetime nominations, grabbed 16 trophies on September 19. Coupled with its matching haul of Creative Arts awards the previous week, HBO easily topped the network ranks in which Fox...
- Change agents make TV's honor roll. Littleton, Cvnthia // Daily Variety;5/3/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 21, p6
The article presents the author's views regarding the television program nominees to win the Television Academy Honors.